My Summer Love Story

You're a wuss you know

Jackie's POV

"Who the hell are you?" I asked before starting to walk back to the camp fire.
He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me back around to face him.
"I know Liz, she told me you were new here and I wanted to welcome you. I'm Alex by the way." Smiling friendly he offered his hand and hesitantly I shook it.
Catching on to my nervous behavior he added on, "Maybe we should go back to the fire."
He hooked his elbow around mine in a gentlemanly way and I couldn't help but smile.
"Lead the way." I said grinning.
----

"Jackie!" Liz called waving me over, "Come meet my friends!."
I waved to Alex before crossing to the other side of the fire where Liz was seated. She introduced me to each one of her friends individually and I smiled at everyone before settling into the nearest empty log.

"Hey there." I shifted on the log and Alex sat down beside me offering a hot dog. I declined and shrugging he polished it off while I stared at him amazed.
"How do you-?"
He cut me off by laughing. "You mean eat it so fast?"
"Uh yeah."
He shrugged. "I'm a guy, I guess we're just made for it."
I laughed.
"Do you want any kind of food? There's hot dogs, cheese burgers, smores, that kind of stuff." He offered.
"I'm good. I'm not really into the cook out kind of food."
He gave me a shocked look.
"Well, we're just going to have to change that aren't we?" He said dragging me to the food line.

Ten minutes and a cheeseburger, a s'more, and half a hot dog later, I was ready to puke.
Alex finished off the rest of my hot dog and his third s'more laughing.
"You're a wuss you know."
"Me?"
"Yeah. You barely even ate anything."
"Don't even mention food. I won't be able to eat for the rest of camp." I warned him.
"What? You mean no more hot dogs? How about s'mores? Maybe hamburg-"
I picked up his remaining s'more and smeared it across his hair before laughing and taking off up the trail to the cabins.
"You little-"
I heard the kids around us laugh and vaguely heard one of the counslers yell to not run around the campfire but I was having way to much fun. The trail to the cabins was dark but I was pretty sure I could make it in the dark. Behind me, Alex was crashing through the woods laughing and saying something about throwing me into the lake. I ducked laughing behind a tree and sat there trying to control my breathing so I could scare Alex.

"Hey." Someone whispered.
I screamed and got up sprinting before running into Alex's chest; And Cade ducked out of the shadows behind me.

"Dude, you scared the hell out of her!" Alex protested.
Cade looked at me startled.
"I'm sorry, Jackie." He said sincerely.
Alex glared at Cade and I accepted his apology which made Alex turn and glare at me.
"You forgive him? You could have hurt yourself!"
"Well it's no different then you chasing her through the dark woods." Cade pointed out.
"But, well that's different. She knew I was there!"
"Whatever dude. Jackie I really am sorry." He nodded at both of us and walked off.
"Cade! Cade, come back!" I called but he didn't answer.
Alex muttered to himself and I led him back to the camp fire feeling disappointed. But why am I disappointed? I barely know Cade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Neww. And I'm working on the eighth chapter now. This would have been posted yesterday but for some reason it wasn't working? Which was weird. So I posted it on Quizilla yesterday and then Mibba today. Comment, rate, subscribe, add me :) And yes, as always, creative criticism is welcome :)