My Guardian Angel

A New Life

Damien's POV

I walked into my room and slammed the door. Why did it have to be Max? Why couldn't I marry her? I asked myself pacing in my room. Xavier walked in. "Hey. Did you tell her?" He asked. "Yes." I said looking him in the eyes. He looked at me, curiosity in his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." I said turning my gaze to the floor. "Do you like her?" He asked in a hushed tone. I looked up at him and just stared at him. "I'm sorry it had to be Max." He said. "I know." I said quietly. "If I could do anything to change it, little bro, you know I would." He said. "Yeah. I know." I said.

He stared at me once more. "Do you love her?" He asked. I stared at him again. "What do you think?" I asked before walking out of the room and outside.

Alexandra's POV

I woke up to someone shaking me. "Alexandra! Alexandra wake up!" Xavier said. "Huh? I'm up! I'm up!" I told him sitting up and looking at him while rubbing my eyes. "What do you need?" I asked. "Do you, um, do you like my brother?" He asked. "What's it to you?" I asked, harshly. He looked kind of hurt by my sudden rudeness. "Honestly, no. I don't like him, OK?" I told him. He looked shocked, but shook his head up and down. "Um, OK. Sorry for bothering you." He said walking out of the room.

No point in trying to sleep now. I thought to myself getting up and walking into the bathroom. I got a quick shower and changed. Then I went downstairs and heard Jake in the kitchen. "What are you doing?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "Cooking you dinner." He said. "Only me?" I asked. "Yeah, sure." He said sarcastically. "Have fun with that. What are you making?" I asked. "Pizza." He said. "My favorite." I said walking out onto the back deck. Yes, they do have a back deck with a huge backyard, garden, pool, hot tub and empty spaces of grass surrounded by trees. "Beautiful." I said to myself. "Yes, you are." Max said walking onto the deck. I was silent.

I decided if I'm extra rude to Max, maybe he wont want to marry me. "Aren't you going to say anything? Or did I take your breath away?" He asked cockily. "Oh shut up. Don't try and act all cool around me because that doesn't work. OK?" I asked. "Whatever." He said walking away. I stood staring at the backyard until I saw Damien sitting on a bench by a tree. I opened the little gate and ran down the steps, through the backyard and all the way to the bench. "Damien!" I said. He looked at me. Then put his head down. "What's wrong?" I asked, out of breath.

"Nothing." He told me. He looked up at the deck and I followed his gaze to see Xavier, staring at us. "Time to eat." Xavier screamed walking back inside. "Come on." He said getting up and jogging his way to the deck. Once we were at the table, I was sat next to Damien and across from Max.

Damien was on my left, Xavier was on my right at the head of the table and Jake was on the opposite head of the table, next to Damien. "So. Victoria, how do you like it so far?" Jake asked. "My name is Alexandra." I told him.

"No. Your birth name is and was Victoria. When your sister took you in for adoption, she changed your name so you would not be known by the enemy. She was trying to protect you." Damien said. "No. My parents even called me Alexandra." I told them. "To protect you. Alexandra, we are going to call you by your real name now. Victoria is your name and that is what you'll answer to." Max said rudely. I gave him a dirty look. "Nobody tells me what to do." I told him. "I believe I just did." He said. "Stop it!" Xavier said looking at Max.

"My name is Alexandra Ann McKenna and I will only be referred to as so." I told them once more. "No. Victoria, your name is Victoria Rose Deliros." Damien said. "Really?" I asked, knowing he would not play around with me. "Yes." He said looking me straight in the eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! I haven't been getting any comments or messages about the story...NONE AT ALL!!!!! If you liked the story and want me to add another chapter then comment or message or something?!?!?! Just 1 comment will have me write another chapter people...=D

~*CrazyKatie*~