My Guardian Angel

Trapped

I woke up to a knock at the door. “Come in.” I said. They opened the door and walked in. It was a maid. “I was going to clean your room, but if you’d like, I can come back later and let you sleep.” She said. “It’s fine. I’m glad you got me up now because if you didn’t, I would have slept until noon.” I said smiling and getting up. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. I got changed into some jeans and t-shirt. I went downstairs into the dining room and they got me my breakfast. “Good morning.” Greg said smiling. “Morning.” I said eating my waffles that were made for me. “Did you sleep well?” Miranda asked. “Fine.” I said smiling tiredly.

I ate silently for the rest of breakfast then I hurried back to my room. I lied on the bed, staring at the ceiling. How was I going to get out of here? It’s a wonderful place, they’re treating me better then I thought but I can’t stay here. I can’t live without Damien. I just...I just can’t.

I lied there just about all day. I got up for lunch, then after Miranda wanted to talk about wedding arrangements. Then I came back to my room. Once it got dark I heard a tap on my window. I ignored it and continued to sit there in the dark and quiet. This was all I’ll ever do without Damien. This is how I feel without him, alone. I heard the tap again and again. I got up getting tired of the annoying noise that broke my thoughts and feelings of concentrating on how much I miss Damien. I opened the window and looked out. I was amazed, there, standing in the dark and looking like he always did when he saved me, was my knight in shining armor, my guardian angel, Damien.

“Damien?” I asked trying to be as quiet as possible. He smiled. I ran out of my room only to run into someone. “Excuse me, Victoria. I was just coming to get you.” Will said. “Prince William. Good evening. Why did you need me? I was just, um, getting Violet so I could talk to her.” I told him. “I’ll get her. We all need to talk, in your room.” He said smiling. I went into my room and closed the door. He came in not even a minute later with Violet. She was smiling ear to ear. “We’re escaping, tonight. But you need to call someone to help. We can’t make it on our own. At least, me and Victoria can’t.” Will told us. “Damien!” I said. They both looked at me. I went over to my open window and looked out at Damien, who was still standing there, waiting for me. “Let me see.” Will said. Will looked out the window and then pulled back. “Damien’s here?” He said questioningly. “Well, he’ll have to do then.” He said.

I looked back out the window and I could tell Damien was hiding, in fear that he was going to be caught by the Prince. “Damien!” I said. He came into view once more, I could see his eyes, glowing, wide and bright. “It’s OK.” I said. “He’s here to help.” I told him. Will grabbed my arm and Violet’s and dragged us to a lower room, closer to the floor. He said his parents were sleeping, but any loud noise will wake his brother, or worse, his dad. “Victoria first.” Will said. I climbed out and tried to reach the ground but couldn’t. I was to small and short. If I fell, I would hit cement, which could and probably will kill me. I let my hands go, hoping I could land on my feet like a cat. I got ready to hit cement but instead I fell into the hands of my wonderful guardian, Damien. “Thanks.” I said smiling. He looked at me. “You could have gotten hurt. Be careful.” He said setting me down. “Are we going?” He asked once he noticed I was still standing in my spot, as he was walking away. “Catch her!” I shouted to him as Violet climbed out the window. She dropped and for a quick moment I almost thought Damien wasn’t going to catch her in time, but he did. He looked at her, amazed. His eyes widen and his smiled grew so big. He looked into her bright violet eyes and realized this was the little sister he missed all of his life. The little girl he loved so much had turned into a beautiful young lady and had survived all of these years. “Violet?” He asked with happiness and very surprised tone in his voice.

She smiled up at him. “Damien. Of course you’re the one who rescues me and Victoria instead of my stupid twin brother who is her actual fiance. But no, you risk your life to save your brother’s soon to be wife because he doesn't have the courage to!” She said smiling. He smiled and set her down. He hugged her so tight, just as Will climbed out the window and jumped to the ground with no problem. “Lets go.” He said grabbing Violet’s arm. Damien held her tighter and pulled back. He pushed her behind him, along with me and tried to keep us away from Will. “Will. They are leaving with me.” Damien said protectively. “I’m coming.” Will said. “He’s nice. He helped us Damien. He loves your sister.” I told him. “We’ll see about that. Keep up.” Damien said walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!