Super Avenged

Guarantee

Mr. Kintsel stood in an empty overview room. He stood inches from the large single-paned window, peering out of sky blue eyes down at the room below him. There weren’t so many scientists working on Revolution, the name that Mr. Kintsel thought was suitable for the robot. It would, indeed, be revolutionary, and it would, indeed, change the world. He wasn’t sure whether it would be for better or for worse, but once he unveiled it, the world would be changed.

The delicate work on the intricate robot had begun. Where there had once been a myriad of wires and circuits and gadgets in the shape of a lower portion of a body, there was now a pair of robotic legs encased completely in titanium. The metal that would soon encase the entire robot had been stress-tested and was stronger than anything else on Earth. Penetrating the casing would be nearly impossible.

The upper half of the robot up to its chest had been formed as well. The wires were still clearly visible, as the scientists hadn’t slipped the titanium cover on yet. But the essential things, the guts of Revolution, were finished.

The scientists now worked with microscopes and tweezers, connecting delicate wires and inserting fragile circuit boards. It was grueling, difficult, time-consuming work, but, Mr. Kintsel thought, what else was he paying these scientists for? If his plan went exactly as planned, they would be put down in the history books, right along with him. They had nothing to complain about.

“Mr. Kintsel,” Dr. Smithis announced as he stepped into the overview room. Mr. Kintsel retreated from the window and turned to look at his head scientist, dressed in the usual knee-length lab coat over a simple pair of jeans and white t-shirt. He carried a clipboard and had a pencil tucked behind his ear.

“Yes, Dr. Smithis?” Mr. Kintsel answered.

“Our latest robot is about to be deployed for New York in ten minutes. Would you desire to come see the final production before it departs?” Dr. Smithis asked, clutching the clipboard to his chest like it held the secrets to the universe or something.

“Of course, Dr. Smithis,” Mr. Kintsel replied. He followed Dr. Smithis out of the room, down a flight of stairs, and into a much larger room than where Revolution was being built. In the center of the room stood a robot about two stories high. A panel on his chest hung open, and smaller robots were being put into the cavity via crane.

“We are going through the final preparations now, Mr. Kintsel, sir,” Dr. Smithis said proudly, smiling happily up at the robot.

“Explain it to me,” Mr. Kintsel demanded, his gaze following the smaller robots as they were inserted into the chest cavity revealed by the open panel.

“Of course, sir,” Dr. Smithis answered. “The larger robot is twenty feet tall. It has a gun inserted on its wrist with many attachments for whatever it may encounter, much like the last one. But that won’t be its main weapon. Its main weapons are the life-size robots being loaded into its chest cavity. Each of the smaller robots is average height, about five feet, five inches tall. We are loading about two and a half dozen of the robots into the chest cavity. Once the larger robot has reached New York City, and Super Avenged have come to protect the girl, the chest cavity will open and deposit the life-size robots on the ground.

“The large robot is complex, but the smaller ones are simpler. We weren’t going for complexity, though, but just for the quantity of them. The more robots we have, the harder it will be for Super Avenged to fight them off. All the robots will be controlled here by us. There is a cavity in the stomach where the girl will be placed for transportation. She will be safe there as the robot descends into the water, and she will be able to survive the extreme pressure at the bottom of the ocean.”

“Why, you’ve really outdone yourself this time, Dr. Smithis,” Mr. Kintsel commented, sounding remotely impressed.

“Thank you, sir,” Dr. Smithis replied as the last robot was put into the chest cavity. The panel snapped closed and another scientist hurried over to Dr. Smithis as the crane retreated away.

“The robot is ready for deployment, sir,” he told Dr. Smithis.

“Good. Clear the room and then we will deploy him,” Dr. Smithis answered. The scientist nodded before hurrying off.

“Will this robot bring Miya back this time?” Mr. Kintsel asked Dr. Smithis as they walked out of the room.

“I can practically guarantee it, sir.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmmm....We'll see what happens! =}