Super Avenged

Problem Solved

Everything had been resolved. All of the scientists had been rounded up. Christopher had been handcuffed and was currently sitting in a room of the submarine with his minions, being watched over by about ten Navy personnel carrying their big guns. Jimmy and I were reunited, and we were currently heading towards the surface in a very large submarine.

Jimmy explained to me everything that had happened since I was kidnapped. Zacky had gone through every robot left behind in New York City, looking for a way to trace where they’d been controlled from. Finally, he found a glitch in one of the robots. It was a glitch in whatever made the signal untraceable. Zacky worked his magic and traced the signal back to Christopher’s little underwater facility thing.

They asked the Navy to help. Understanding the urgency of the situation, the Navy had agreed to help. Johnny came up with a plan, getting some help from a military strategist. Then, they all loaded onto a giant submarine and headed towards the facility.

Once there, they ordered all of the scientists to remain calm. Many of them did, and all the Navy guys handcuffed them and put them on the submarine. Jimmy told me that I knew the rest. And I would never forget it.

“And that’s it?” I asked sleepily, blinking at Jimmy. He smiled and nodded.

“That’s it.”

“Okay,” I answered. I leaned against him. He quickly wrapped his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. Within minutes, I had fallen asleep.

((*****))

“Miya! Oh my God, Miya!”

My wake-up call came in the form of Mom shrieking her head off. I moaned, not too happy to have been disturbed from my sleep, and somnolently opened my eyes. I still sat next to Jimmy, my head resting on his chest. Navy people escorted the scientists past us and to a ladder that terminated in a hatch that led to the terrestrial world. Mom appeared to have scurried down the ladder and was now racing over to me.

“Oh, Miya, I was so worried about you!” she cried. She seized my face in her hands, kissed my forehead, and dragged me into a hug. She then proceeded to start crying, and suddenly I was the one doing all the comforting. I patted her on the back and shushed her, telling her that everything would be alright.

“Martha.”

We all whipped our heads around at the broken voice of Christopher. Mom’s face darkened considerably at the sight of him, and she pulled away from me, wiping her tears angrily away with her palm.

“Yes, Christopher?” Mom answered coldly, straightening up and drawing herself to her full height. Her full height really wasn’t that tall, however, because I inherited my shortness from her. But I gave her an A+ for effort.

“Please, Martha, you have to understand,” Christopher pleaded. “I know you grieved when you thought I had died, but I did it all for the best! I wanted to provide for you and Jackson and Ross. Miya is more disposable than you think, and I knew you would come around to see things my way. You could easily replace her! You could adopt—”

Replace her?” Mom screeched angrily. “How could I replace my own daughter? She is your flesh and blood, but you think she’s disposable? What kind of father do you think you are?”

“One who’s willing to sacrifice—”

Sacrifice?” Mom repeated. She cackled mirthlessly. “You didn’t think of it as sacrifice. You thought of it as murder, and you relished in that fact! You don’t love Miya! And you obviously don’t love me or Jackson or Ross either. You wouldn’t hurt us this way if you did!”

“Martha, please—”

“Tell your excuses to someone who cares,” Mom snapped. She turned her back on Christopher. “Take him away. I don’t want to see him anymore.” Christopher’s Navy escort pulled him towards the ladder.

“No offense, Mrs. Langston, but your husband is a total douche bag,” Jimmy told her. Mom looked around at him and blinked.

“Husband?” Mom repeated. Then, she smiled, her face lightening instantly. “I don’t believe I have one, Jimmy.”

I laughed and rose to my feet. I wrapped my arm around my mother, linked hands with my boyfriend, and led the way off the submarine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy.

Two chapters left. 0.0