Super Avenged

Mom's Gratitude

Finally, at about ten o’clock that night, Jimmy and I returned to my tenth floor, three-bedroom apartment. We were both exhausted, and I was starving for food that actually tasted good. The apartment was just as I had left it. Nothing had been moved. Everything had been kept in its place. I asked Jimmy how he managed to accomplish that.

“I never came back here after you were kidnapped,” Jimmy explained. “I just went and lived at my old house so that I could be near the guys to help formulate a plan to save you.”

“Oh.” I fell back on my couch, taking a deep breath. My apartment even smelled just like I remembered it.

“Poor Zacky,” Jimmy said as he sank down next to me. “We all wanted to help him search through those robots. ‘We must save her ass!’ was Brian’s excuse. But we all knew it was because he cared for you, in a weird, perverted way. Anyway, Zacky had to teach us Technology 101 in, like, fifteen minutes. Pretty much, he showed us what the device looked like, where it would likely be located, and explained what it was supposed to do. We weren’t very efficient though. By the time one of us finished one, Zacky had looked through five. But it made us feel involved. And then once we figured out where you were, Johnny got together with that military strategist and together they came up with a plan. It was quite the team effort.”

“All for me?” I asked, looking around at Jimmy. He smiled and wrapped an arm around me. He pulled me against him and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

“Of course,” he answered. “I couldn’t let you get hurt again.”

“I kind of went insane in there,” I said, looking up at Jimmy. He smiled sympathetically.

“Anyone would.”

“I whispered to the bathroom rug and pretended it was you.”

“Okay, I don’t think I’d be that insane,” Jimmy joked. “You definitely reign supreme on the whole insanity thing there.”

“Oh, shut up,” I snapped, trying to sit up and pull away from Jimmy. He just tightened his arm around me. He curled a finger around my chin and lifted my face to his.

“Miya, it’s no use to struggle,” he told me calmly and solemnly. “Because I am never going to let you go.” Then, we kissed. And then it became a make-out session...and then we were lying on the couch, and I was on top of him...and then my cell phone rang.

“Son of a bitch,” I growled, dragging my lips away from Jimmy’s. I shoved myself into a sitting position and seized my cell phone from the coffee table. The caller ID told me that it was Mom.

“Great timing, Mom,” I grumbled as I flipped the phone open and put it to my ear. “Hey, Mom.”

“Hello, dear!” she answered gleefully. She was so happy to have me back home. “Is Jimmy around?”

I blinked down at Jimmy. “Yeah, I guess you can say that.”

“Will you give him the cell phone? I haven’t thanked him for saving you yet,” Mom continued.

“Yeah, sure,” I answered. I held the phone out to Jimmy. “It’s Mom.”

Jimmy’s eyes widened. “She’s onto us!”

I laughed and shook my head. Jimmy smirked back and accepted the cell phone. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes as he talked to Mom.

“Oh, no, Mrs. Langston, there’s really no need to thank me.”

He paused for a few seconds.

“Well, actually...” he said thoughtfully. “There’s one way...”

I figured Mom was answering, “Of course, anything.”

“Would you mind meeting me somewhere tomorrow for lunch? We can talk about it then,” Jimmy said. He paused again before continuing, “Yeah, that sounds great. I’ll meet you there at noon. Alright. Bye.”

He flipped the phone closed and dropped it back onto the coffee table. I lifted my head and blinked tiredly at him.

“What was that all about?”

“Your mom said she didn’t know how to thank me, and now we’re meeting for lunch tomorrow to discuss one way I think she’ll be able to show her gratitude,” Jimmy answered. “Without you, of course,” he added when I opened my mouth to ask if I would be going.

“How rude,” I muttered, resting my head back on his chest.

“You won’t think so.”

“Whatever,” I said. My eyes felt heavy with sleep.

“C’mon,” Jimmy said, sitting and standing up before helping me to my feet. He wrapped an arm around my waist and led me towards our bedroom. “I think you need yourself some sleep.”

“Sleep sounds good,” I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONE CHAPTER LEFT!

Think you can get me up to 80 comments in two chapters? I only need six...=}