Super Avenged

Beneath The Ocean

Located somewhere in the endless expanses of the Atlantic Ocean, there stood a man with prematurely graying chestnut hair. Gray streaks mixed with the chestnut, but the man didn’t bother to hide the grays. They would only reappear all the quicker if he tried to dye them away.

This man in particular stood in the cafeteria of his little establishment. Behind him, the scientists working for him sat around tables, chatting happily away about something or other. The man paid them no heed, staring up into the dark depths of the ocean. The cafeteria was encased in a giant glass dome. Through the glass, all the man could see was darkness. The building was built so deep in the ocean that no light penetrated through the darkness.

That, however, suited the man just fine. He liked the darkness just fine.

“Sir,” one of the scientists, Dr. Smithis, stepped up behind the man. He turned around to face Dr. Smithis. “The robot’s coordinates have been set. When do you wish for us to deploy it?”

“Tomorrow at noon,” the man answered. “Can you make it at that time, Dr. Smithis?”

“Of course, sir,” Dr. Smithis said. “That’ll be plenty of time.”

“Good,” the man barked. “I don’t want any screw-ups, then. This robot better come back with the girl this time, or heads will roll. Yours especially, Dr. Smithis.”

“Yes, sir, of course, sir,” Dr. Smithis said hastily. “We will not fail this time.”

“Good, Dr. Smithis,” the man replied smoothly, turning to look back out at the ocean. “Your life depends upon it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short. Very random.

But believe me: it has true significance in the story!

8 comments, people! =} THANKSIES! I FEEL LOVED.