Status: Complete

Cut

Cut ch. 27

I sit on the ground and cry for only a moment. I do not want anybody to see me. I do not want anybody to worry. I am worried and that counts for everybody here at Royal Jokes.

I walk down the hall to Elena's room. I know that I don't have an escort but I need to see her.

When I reach Elena's door I wipe my eyes. Once I have done so I knock.

No answer.

I knock again and wait patiently for her to answer.

Still nothing.

I am getting worried.

I knock a third and final time and tears flood my eyes when there is still no answer. Then I remember that Elena is at Group. She has Group with a different group of people than I do. And, obviously, at a different time.

I feel a tap on my shoulders as I wipe my eyes again. I turn around to see Elena. She is back from Group.Her eyes are red and swollen as if she has been crying. In all the time that she has been here, I have never seen Elena cry. But then again, she hasn't been here that long.

Elena: Wanna go to the game room?

I like how she ignores that fact that I am crying at her door.

Me: Sure.

Once we get to the game room Elena and I sit on the couch. We have the whole place to ourselves. Nobody escorted us here and I wonder if we will get in some kind of trouble for this.

I could also get in trouble from running away from Royal Jokes.

Elena: Wanna watch the history channel?

Her voice is sarcastic but sad at the same time.

I laugh. And cry. Somehow at the same time.

She tries to make small talk to hide the fact that something is wrong.

Elena: So how's that Teddy freak? You have to admit he's a loser.

I sniff and nod.

There is a long pause.

Elena sighs and wipes her eyes.

Elena: So who told you?

Me: W-what?

Elena: That I tried to....you know.

She wipes her eyes and sniffs.

Me: I d-don't know what you're talking abou-

Elena: Suicide.

By the look on her face I can tell that the word burned her lips to say it.

Me: W-why?

Her eyes fill with tears and one single tear falls down her cheek.

Elena: B-because. Life was....unbearable.

I sniff again and wipe my eyes although my vision is still blurred.

Me: Tell me about it.

Elena looks at the ground and back up at me again.

Elena: If I do, will you answer some of my questions?

Me: Deal.

Anther promise. But this time I think I will try my hardest to keep it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taking so long to update. This story is on quizilla, same name.