Abandoned and Confused

Self-Examination

Sage’s POV

He was quiet for a moment. And then he looked deep in thought. He’s definitely a different person than I thought he was. Well he doesn’t know who HE is but that’s beside the point.

I was thinking about how to break the somewhat awkward silence when he did it for me.

“So, uh, since I’ll be staying here, tell me about yourself. If you want to.”

That was surprising.

“Well, uh, what do you want to know?” No one really likes to talk about themselves.

“Siblings? Parents? Age? School?” He said this with a shrug.

“I’m an only child, but I’m really close to one of my cousins. My parents are currently on a yearlong tour of the world. I’m eighteen and I just graduated.”

“What is a ‘yearlong tour of the world’?”

“Honestly? I have no idea. My parents pretty much told me they’d be gone for a year.”

“Um, uh, am I going to be living on the couch or do you want me to, uh,”

I almost laughed. But then I realized how insensitive that would be so I shut up.

“No, we have a guest room, if you are interested.”

“Yeah! Uh, not to be rude or anything, but this couch isn’t the most comfortable.”

“Yeah, sorry about that, I couldn’t get you any farther and I had to stop the bleeding.”

His face paled again.

“Was it really that bad?” he asked/whispered.

I guess the look on my face answered for me because he said,

“Do you have a mirror? I want to see the damage, and what I look like.”

“Um, yeah, let me get you one, your ribs you know.”

“Yeah,” he whispered almost to himself.

I went and got the hand mirror from my mom’s bathroom, sneaking a glance at my reflection. I know he’s injured now but he is still the hottest guy in America.

Wow how ditzy can I get?

“Here you go,” I said, handing him the mirror.

He looked hesitant to look at himself, unsure. I guess I would be too if I didn’t know what I looked like.

He gasped at his reflection and started to cry. Oh no…

“Joe?” I asked carefully, “Are you alright? Is there anything you need?”

He didn’t answer right away, but when he did it scared me.

“To die.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so so so soooo sorry i haven't updated! Life, school, guy trouble has kept me busy. Please don't give up on this story.

IMPORTANT:: Does anyone want to co-author this or any of my stories with me?