And All Things Will End

Disagreement

It was last call at Johnny’s and none of us wanted to stagger home and get busted, and since the beach was twenty feet across from us that’s where we headed. Johnny, the bartender, stood outside the door watching to make sure Jimmy didn’t get run over by a car again.

I plopped down and leaned back in the cold sand. I heard a splash and laughed to myself knowing it was Matt and Brian playing in the water, like always. Zacky sat down next to me and starting rubbing his crotch.

“Baby, I’m horny,” Zack said, still rubbing himself.

I rolled my eyes. “You got laid last night. Touch yourself if you’re that horny,” I said. I turned my head to the right when I heard Jimmy’s laugh coming some distance down the beach. From what I could see a girl sat in front of him and he was making fun of her. “Jimmy!” I yelled. He looked at me and looked back at the girl, continuing to point and laugh at her.

I tried to stand up, but was pushed back down by Zacky, who wouldn't stop rubbing himself, while complaining how horny he was.

“No, baby, not now and not tonight. Get off me,” I said. I pushed Zacky off me and stood up to go help that girl Jimmy thought would be fun to torment.

I made it down to them just as the girl stood and punched Jimmy in the mouth. "Fucking douche!" the girl shouted.

"What the fuck?" Jimmy yelled, stumbling back into the crashing waves that were hitting on the shore. "Owwww!" He moaned, holding his lip while a little bit of blood fell.

"Whaddaya mean what the fuck? You were the one making fun of me, you over grown giant!" the girl screamed, stepping up to Jimmy, even though she was over a foot shorter than him.

Jimmy stood his ground, towering over the poor girl. The look on his face plainly told me he was livid, like he wanted to beat her, but I've known Jimmy since the sixth grade and knew he wouldn't hit a girl.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said, stepping between them. I put my arm around her, and walked her over to the rest of my friends.

"I'm Lindsey, by the way, and these are my loser friends," I said, pointing to the drunks laying on the sand.

"Cassidy," she said, while looking at all the bodies laying in the sand, and raised her eyebrows when she say Zacky rubbing himself.

"Baker!" I screamed. "Stop fucking touching yourself!" I used my foot to push his hand away and ended making him moan loader instead. "You're disgusting."

"Fuck, Linds, do that again," Zacky moaned at me.

"I'm gonna head home guys, I wanna crash. Do you need someplace to sleep?" I asked, turning to Cassidy.

She shook her head. "I'm fine. Thanks though."

"Nice to meet you," I said, seeing if Aly was awake enough to walk with me. I looked at her laying on the ground and noticed her and Matt were out.

"Come on, Linds, I'll walk with you," Jimmy said, linking his arm with mine.

"Thanks, Jim."

We walked along a couple blocks in complete silence, Jimmy being the first one to break it.

"That Cassidy chick was pretty cute, she can sure throw a punch," he said, kicking a beer can along the sidewalk.

"You deserved it, dude. You were making fun her. What were you saying to her anyways?" I said. I wrapped my arms around myself, the breeze from the ocean making the air really chilly.

"She was short. I've never met anyone that short before." I rolled my eyes. Shocking he made fun of someone for that, no wonder she called him an overgrown giant. I giggled to myself.

We made it to the front of my house, and stopped. Jimmy looking anywhere but at it, and me debating whether or not I wanted to go in. Lights were on and it was well past two, I knew I was i some serious trouble.

"You can crash here, Jim. You can sleep in my bed with me," I said, grabbing his hand and trying to get him to walk with me.

He didn't move. "No thanks, babe, but I'm gonna go back to the beach with everyone else." He wrapped his arms around me and pecked me on the forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I stood there watching him walk away, stalling for more time, not wanting to face the music. Finally I decided I didn't have any other choice, I walked to the front door and opened it slowly.

"Lindsey Thomas, where the hell have you been?!" My mom screamed at me, appearing from the other room.

"Out, drinking and trying to keep my horny boyfriend off me," I said heading for the stairs. I started up them knowing my parents would just follow me up, we went through this about four times a week. I knew how the game went.

"Drinking...again? What are we gonna do with you, Lindsey? You're turning into an alcoholic," my dad said, directly behind me. "You're gonna be just like the rest of your family: worthless. You'll be living here til your fifty and a fullblown alcoholic, and I won't have it. If you're gonna become one, you can do it somewhere else.

"I'm not you, dad, I'm a social drinker. I'm pretty sure it's called alcoholism when you drink alone, which you seem to do an awful lot of. Trust me I will kill myself if i live here when I'm fifty. And I'm worthless? Have you or mom seen yourselves lately?"

"Don't you talk to your father that way, little girl," my mother trilled at me. Shocking for her to stand up for my father, not once has she ever sided with me.

"Kiss my ass, both of you." I grabbed a pair of shorts from my dresser and walked into my bathroom slamming the door behind me. I changed my clothes and stood there staring into the mirror, waiting for the sound of my door to close as my parents walked out. It took them only five minutes this time to realize I wasn't gonna come out.

I opened the door and crawled onto my nice, comfy bed, within a few second I was out.

***The Next Day***

I walked into school, wanting to get another day over with. I threw my books into my locker, and waited for somebody to show up. I knew Jimmy wasn't gonna, I was pretty surprised when he opened the locker next to me.

"Holy fuck, you're here, Sullivan. Didn't expect to see you this morning," I said, sitting on the floor next to my bag.

"I heard that Cassidy chick goes here or some shit. I wanted to see her again," he said, sitting next to me. We heard the bell ring for homeroom and watched everyone run to their classrooms, we just sat there.

"Seen Zack anywhere?" Jimmy shook his head.

I went through my bag for my phone, wanting to send him a text to see if he was coming in. I heard the baseball team from down the hall and could hear Zack's voice.

He got to where I was and completely ignored me.

"Hey, babe," I said, standing up and trying to get his attention. "You ever make it home last night?"

"No, I slept on the beach with everyone else, why I'm wearing the same clothes as yesterday," he said. I looked down and noticed he was wearing the same ones when we left after his game.

I grabbed his front pockets and pulled him closer to me, wrapping my arms around him. I looked at his team mates and got the deathest glares I've ever seen.

"I don't get why you're with her, Baker," one of them said.

"She's my girl, dude, that's reason enough for you," Zack said. He sat down next to Jimmy, lightly punched him in the arm and grabbed my arm, pulling me down next to him.

His team mates walked away, mumbling shit about me, like I haven't heard it before.

"Everything okay, Linds? You look kinda upset," he said, wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

"Yeah, fine," I grumbled. I couldn't hold it in any longer. "Last night, Zee, my dad told me I was worthless, and destined to be an alcoholic. I''m not a fucking alcoholic, I like to drink, just like him."

"Cork don't fall to far from the bottle, baby," he said pecking me on the forhead. "Fuck em, babe, you're not worthless. He is just for saying that."

"Thanks, Zack, I feel a little bit better."

The three of us stood up before we got trambled by everyone moving to their first period class. I kissed Zack good-bye and headed the opposite direction of him. Today was looking to be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been years, but I felt like writing this again. It's crappy I know, but what do you expect at 2 in the morning? Comments!