Audrey and the Squirrel People

1/1

Audrey was a twelve-year-old girl with long dark hair. She was pale and didn’t really fit in at school and had few friends, well that’s what everyone thought. She used to play in the garden everyday after school and her mother thought she was just being childish and was just to imaginative, you couldn’t blame her, the stories Audrey had told were far from believable. This was so far from the truth.

In the back right hand corner of her garden there was a rather large tree, Audrey didn’t know what type of tree it was, nor did she care, it was what was behind the tree that she cared about. Behind the tree was a small clearing, no more that a meter wide with a broken fence that lead to a large grassy field. This field belonged to the squirrel people. The squirrel people were an odd bunch, they looked just like your average squirrel, but they were so much more. These squirrels could talk.

The squirrels loved Audrey and Audrey loved them in return. Everyday after school Audrey would run out side to play in the garden, she would run behind the tree and crawl through the hole in the fence. When she was on the other side the squirrels were usually on the other side ready to greet her and then they would run in the field and play for hours, until Audrey’s mum called her for dinner. The squirrels didn’t like Audrey’s mum, it was her who kept them apart, if she weren’t there then Audrey wouldn’t have to leave and Audrey could be theirs forever.

The group of squirrel elders however did not like Audrey, as she was a human and squirrels should not talk to humans. But the young squirrels ignored their elders warnings and played with her anyway. The younger squirrels were very cheeky and decided to ignore their elders warnings not only to not talk to humans but to stay on their side of the fence. They wanted Audrey and the only way to get her was to get rid or her mother and her mother just happened to be on the other side of the fence.

The squirrels had been plotting a scheming for a few weeks now but their plans were unrealistic and they were only squirrels, they were small and couldn’t kill a human. The squirrels called a meeting to discuss their plans, without the elders knowing of course. They plotted and schemed a bit more, but it was useless.

“We can’t just sit here plotting, nothing will ever happen! What we need is action! We can’t wait until she has taken Audrey away from us for good. We don’t have much time left. I’m going there now! Who’s with me?” A young squirrel named Spud said and all the squirrels left and went through the fence into a place they knew little about.

It was early morning and Audrey’s mum had just made herself a cup of coffee, she walked out of the room leaving her coffee by the kitchen sink unattended. This was their chance. The squirrels crept across the room and opened the sink, they crawled around in there until they found a bottle of draino. One of the squirrels opened the lid and grabbed a rather large portion of the powder before climbing up a tower of squirrels which reached up to the sink. The squirrel dropped the powder into the hot brown liquid before running down the tower and out the door with the rest of the squirrels.

Oblivious to what had just happened to her drink, Audrey’s mum took a rather large gulp. She felt a burning sensation in her throat and started screaming in pain, by the time Audrey had ran to help her mother was on the flood with no pulse and she wasn’t breathing. Audrey started to cry and ran to the phone, she dialed 911 as fast as she could but it was too late, her mum was gone.

A few weeks had passed but Audrey still hadn’t gone to see her squirrel friends. Audrey wasn’t in the mood for going to see them, and like her mum has said to her once, squirrels cant talk, you’re just imagining things and for the rest of Audrey’s life that’s all they were, a figure of her imagination.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just thought I'd mention, I'm from Australian so i spell it mum but in Australia there aren't any squirrels so i set it in America and thats why she dialed 911.
Thanks for reading. I hope you liked it.
Please comment.
sillychickenxxx.