Princess of vampires? But I just got married!

(11)Abandoned!?

“Fine…” Akito turned away from you and opened the door to the car. “You want to stay? Then stay. And don’t even think about coming home…”
“Akito, that’s a little harsh…” Toshiro said, putting a hand on his brother’s shoulder.
Akito shrugged it off, and glared in your direction where you still stood defiantly, arms crossed over your chest. You didn’t buy the threats, there was no way he’d just leave you here, especially with his unborn child possibly growing inside of you.
“He left me…” you said softly, watching the car getting further and further away. “That jerk left me!”
You wondered if maybe he wasn’t joking… Maybe he really didn’t want you to come home? Had you finally become more trouble than you were worth? Was he saying he wanted a divorce?
“Akito!” you yelled trying to run after him, but a sharp pain in your stomach stopped you and forced you to sit down. You sat there, hands over your stomach, wondering what do you do next. You had refused to leave in hopes of finding Andy…
So without another seconds delay you got up and walked back into the empty house, grumbling to yourself about how you hated guys, and were soooo going to divorce him before he divorced you.
Inside the house was… nothing. Broken furniture, empty rooms, and echoes.
“Ugh!” you growled kicking into a wall, but then regretting it as your entire foot was now throbbing, and it hurt to walk.
You collapsed onto an old couch, unsure of WHAT could be sleeping inside of it, but you were willing to take the risk.
“Ahhh!” you screamed and jumped up as you felt something touching your butt.
It was only your phone, and on the screen Akane’s name was flashing.
You glared down at the couch, though it really hadn’t done anything to you, and flipped open your phone with a , “Yo.”
“Ai?” Are you ok? Where are you?” Akane’s frantic, and quite screechy voice filled your ear forcing you to hold the phone back an inch.
“Akane, chill,” you said rubbing your ear, “I’m fine. Just stuck in the middle of nowhere…”
“Y-you mean…” she started a tremble in her voice, but then screamed, “Akito left you?!?!”
Again you rubbed your ear as the phone had wandered closer to it, then sighed, “Yep, and he said not to come home, so… I guess I’m out on my own.”
“But he can’t just do that to you, you’re his wife,” Akane said, unbelieving.
“Well apparently he wants a divorce,” you grumbled, kicking at a lose rock, “So what are the chances of me moving in with you?”
“Of course you can move in with us, and if Toshiro doesn’t like it then we’ll go out on our own,” Akane answered without hesitation, sounding completely determined, “Don’t you worry, Ai.”
You bit your lip remembering suddenly what had happened before they had left, “Akane… I-… I’m sorry I got you into this whole mess. Your head’s ok, right?”
“No worse than it’s ever been,” she said cheerfully with a giggle. “Don’t be sorry, Ai. We were partners in crime… I’m equally responsible. Now let’s talk about how to get you here.”
“I think I’m just going to stay here tonight,” you finally answered after a few minute of thinking. “I don’t think Toshiro is very happy with me right now… and Akito would just come looking for me. Better to make him worry.”
“You’re pure evil, Ai,” Akane laughed, “And I love you for it. You sure you’ll be alright?”
“Yeah…” you mumbled looking around the wrecked house, feeling uneasy about it, “I’ll be fine. I’ll call you in the morning.”
“Gotcha!” Akane said happily then clicked the phone off.
Ok, so staying out in this place just to make Akito worry was majorly childish. But he deserved it… He’s the one who had told you to never come home. And you were just angry enough with him to take him up on that offer. He’d come crawling back to you, begging for you to come home soon enough… It wouldn’t be long at all…

A couple hours later…

“Ok, what’s the deal?” you asked out loud to no one in particular. Akito hadn’t shown up to take you home, and the darkness creeping around the room was starting to freak you out.
“I’m ok…” you breathed bringing your knees up under your chin and holding your legs tight, “Shadows can’t hurt me… Bugs are creepy but they can‘t hurt me either… Oh God someone save me…”
“Ai?”
“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!” you screamed as someone tapped your shoulder, and stood up flailing your arms around to ward off whatever it was that had touched you.
Then you stopped, realizing whatever it was had said your name, and wasn’t attaching you. And it had sounded awfully familiar…
“Era?” you asked her name, and looked around the room for her.
She peeked her head up from behind the couch, and then stood up. “I- I’m sorry to scare you…”
“Oh it’s fine!” you smiled big, then looked at her suspiciously, “Hey… what are you doing here anyway?”
She blushed and looked down at her feet, “Well… this is kind of… all Eon’s fault… he’s working with the hunters.” She looked up at you, her eyes filled with tears, “I had no idea though! Don’t hate me, I just now found out about it too, I always wondered where it was that Eon disappeared to, and now…” She couldn’t hold back her tears, and covered her eyes with her clenched hands, crying.
You weren’t sure what to do, so you got close to her and pulled her into your arms, letting her cry against you. “Shh…” you soothed, mentally sighing over the whole ordeal. You trusted her enough to believe what she was saying, but now what? Her brother was in league with people who were trying to kill you… That definitely was not a good thing. But maybe she could help you… “Era, you need to calm down,” you said as you held her out by her shoulders and looked into her eyes, “They took Andy, my friend from school, and… I need you to help me find him. Do you have any idea where they might have taken him?”
Era looked blankly at you for a few minutes, getting her thoughts in order, then nodded, “If we can get to my house, we can search his room, and maybe find something there.”
“Good… now how to get there…” you said out loud, pressing a finger to your lips in thought.
“I’ve got it!” you suddenly cried…