Princess of vampires? But I just got married!

(3)Changes

The next thing you knew you were waking up on the floor, with something warm behind you, it’s arm holding you close from your waist, and kissing the back of your neck.
“Akito…” you breathed, turning around, but upon first glance it didn’t look like Akito at all… who you saw was Andy smiling from behind the hair that had fallen in his eyes.
You shrieked, grabbing the blankets around you, and then the vision faded and Akito was there again, “Ai, what’s wrong?” he asked as he sat up, and gave you a concerned looked.
You reached out and touched his face, as if to make sure he was real, then sighed and laid back down, “Nothing… I just forgot where I was at.”
He looked at you for a moment, as if searching your thoughts for something you may have been hiding, but then he too laid down and wrapped you in his arms so you were laying against his chest. “You’re here with me,” he said with a kiss to the back of your neck, “Your most loving husband, who is sorry for what has been going on for the last couple of weeks… you know that don’t you Ai?”
You smiled as you tilted your head to look back at him, “I know. Last night you more than proved that to me,” you giggled with a small blush, “And I’m sorry for the fit I threw…”
He kissed your forehead, “No need for apologies, my love. I was insensitive… this is the important time to be spending with my new wife. And all I’ve done is neglect you. But I won’t be like that anymore. From now on when you need me, you have only to ask, and I will be there with you, no matter how busy I am. We need more moments like this.”
His lips came down to yours, and he kissed you for long moments, while his arms held you tight. This is how it always should have been, so you really weren’t sorry for blowing up on him like you had.
His hands moved up to your neck, and you winced a bit at the pain as he rubbed over the still open wounds he had put on you. You hardly remembered him biting you, but he had, and hard, and for some reason they weren’t healing as quickly as normal wounds would have, since you were still a neko.
“It’s my mark,” he explained, reading that much of what you were thinking. “It won’t heal, because then there would be no scar left behind, and that is important for a mark. I should have given it to you long ago, but I was so caught up in less important things… but now any other being who tries to harm you, or take you away who doesn’t know who you are will go through the most painful torment, especially if they should bite you. It may seem unfair to be marked,” he said to your indignant expression, “But it’s for your own protection. Now you can go out freely, but Andy will still accompany you.”
The mention of Andy made you all too uncomfortable, and you turned from Akito, not wanting to look at him with such thoughts of Andy buzzing in your head. You were glad if he was leaving your thoughts alone, and if he knew what you were thinking you were glad he wasn’t saying anything about it.
“Maybe I should have someone else look after you,” he commented, running his fingers through your hair. “He can go back to Akane.”
“No,” you argued, sitting up, so you could look down at him. “I would like for him to stay… he and I are becoming friends now. It does make it a bit less lonely…”
He nodded, as he stood up, and stretched out. “Very well. Do you mind if I get dressed and take care of some things?”
Blushing, you shook your head.
“Akito?” You asked, as you hugged your knees up to your chest and stared into the fire.
“Yes, love?” He asked, buttoning his shirt up.
“I was wondering…” you bit your bottom lip, “Well… I just…”
Akito stopped what he was doing and kneeled down beside you, with one hand on your shoulder, “Ai, what is it?”
You sighed and took in a deep breath, “Could I go back to school?”
He was silent for the longest time, as though trying to comprehend what you were asking. Then he shook his head, “I don’t think that’s a good idea…”
“But I had good reasons for wanting to go,” you argued, grabbing onto the sleeve of his shirt as he began to stand back up. “Like you know how lonely I’ve been… maybe if I go out, and make some friends I won’t be. And it could keep me busy during the day while you’re sleeping then tire me out while you’re working so I would hardly notice we couldn’t spend so much time together.”
“Ai, I wish I could spend more time with you but-”
“I know,” you nodded, already knowing he was going to explain the whole thing AGAIN, “I know… which is why this is a good idea. I’ll be careful, I promise, and maybe we could even find a way so Andy could go with me. I mean he can’t go out in the sun… but maybe there’s some way to get it to where he can. I’ll figure it out, I promise, just please?” You hated having to ask… it made you feel like a little girl. And to go to school no less…
But the please is what did it, and Akito nodded, but only said, “Let me think about it, alright? I’ll have an answer for you tomorrow. But now you need to get some rest, little girl,” he smiled kissing the tip of your nose.
You nodded, kissing his lips, and watched him as he left the room. Once you had gotten up and dressed, you yawned and walked out as well, to the kitchen.
May was busy pulling a loaf of bread out of the oven as you sat down at the table. You didn’t know why she would be making bread, when one could just go out and buy some, but hey whatever she wanted. Plus home made bread was really good, so she cut you off a big slice, covered with butter and honey.
“This is good,” you remarked, trying to create some kind of noise besides pans clanging together.
May nodded and smiled to you, continuing to wash dishes.
You sighed, taking another bite, “I might be going to school.”
This time she gave you a strange look, “Why would you do that child?”
You shrugged, “Boredom. Loneliness. Lots of things I guess… Akito never really has time for me so why not? I mean when I first came here he said I couldn’t ever go back… but now he said he’s thinking about it.”
May chuckled, and wiped her hands on her apron, “That’s always a good sign. You’ve made a great many changes to him you know…”
“Really?” you asked curiously, sitting up straighter in your chair. “What all have I changed? No one has ever really told me what Akito was like before…”
May sighed, shaking her head, “He was so cold before… as if he had no heart beating within him. He would go out and kill without thought. But he wasn’t so bad… just lonely. He needed you, miss. You’ve brought light and life to him, and for that everyone is thankful.”
You never thought you could have such an impact on someone. “Wow…” you gave her a crooked smile, “He’s made a lot of changes to my life too though.”
May chuckled again, wiping the table with a damp cloth, “I have no doubt of that, miss.”
You sat back and thought about all that had happened since Akito had kidnapped you. The times you had tried escaping, everything with Milo, nearly dying from being bitten, kidnapped by fairies, and then… falling in love with him. Actually, truly falling in love with a guy who not only was a vampire(when you thought vampires didn’t exist) but had kidnapped you and was going to force you into marrying him. And then marrying him… it was amazing that you had gone through so much, and it took so little time. And here you were, wife of a vampire, prince, soon to be king of all vampires, and maybe even carrying his child within you.
You looked down at your stomach, and touched it lightly. *Could it really be? Am I really… pregnant?* It wasn’t really something you could comprehend, so you let it slip from your mind for the hundredth time that day, and laid down in bed after going to your room. You were exhausted, even though you hadn’t really done anything, and sleep came all too easily.