A Blanket Unwoven

Prologue

Even if I had been warned, nothing could have prepared me for this.

My life used to be a blanket. It was tightly knit together and comforting. Warmed my heart and protected it. I hid under it when things got scary. And then, one day, it was gone.

Several events caused it to unweave. The threads used for my blanket flew away in the wind, and I became afraid that I would never be able to find them again.

I was left cold, unprotected and scared with only scraps of material resting in my hands — my life. I wouldn't wish what I've been through upon anyone. Not even an enemy; not that I have any. Not anymore.

All has changed, and things turned out to be not what I had thought them to be. I have learned lessons:

1. Always be prepared. When the time comes, you'll need to be strong — whether physically or mentally.

2. Keep your family and friends close to you. They are there for you and you need to trust them. When you break inside, they are the ones who will be there for you.

3. Life isn't fair. It's a very known fact, yet we are always surprised when life is unfair to us.

4. Life is also surprising. The world is not as it seems.

5. And most important of all, secrets shouldn't exist between friends.