Unreachable Love

Chapter XII

I didn’t want it to go like this. Just getting that out of the way. I never wanted to find out this way.

My dream last night made me realize a lot of things.

---

A couple days later when I woke up, instead of seeing Beth hanging over my face, I saw Ciara. I rubbed my eyes and said, “Yess?”

“Call Oliver.” She said simply. She rolled off of me into the space beside me.

“No. And why are you in my bed?” I was really confused.

She ignored my question. “Do you even know anything about Oliver?”

“No, and I don’t want to.”

“Well, you are going to find out, today.” She said. She got off the bed and walked to my mirror. She looked at her reflection for a while then said, “I think I’ll dye my hair blonde.”

“Your hair’s already blonde,” I pointed out, “and what do you mean we’re going to find out today. I’m not speaking to him, remember?”

“We don’t have to speak to him to find out stuff about him.” She gave me a devilish grin. “And that doesn’t mean I can’t dye it blonder, it’s juist so… dirty blondish.”

I looked at the time and it read 6:37am. I moaned. She could’ve decided to spring this on me a little later in the day, but no. This something Ciara would do.

---<3---

The mall is where Ciara suggested. For what? I do not know. She dragged me out of the house at seven, without telling my parents. I told her and told her that we needed to tell them but she said they wouldn’t notice. I knew otherwise.

The mall was farther out than you would think. It takes about thirty minutes to get there. But for a lot of people, it’s worth the effort. Me? Not so much.

I knew that a lot of guys hang out at the mall on the weekends, not leaving but not really staying. They wouldn’t even shop either. They’d stand around and just smoke and talk. I thought smoking was the one of the stupidest things you could do. But they didn’t know that. They were, well, just stupid.

“What’s with you?” I ask her.

“What do you mean?” in her sweet, innocent voice.

“You’ve been actually acting like you like me, lately. But reality is, you hate me. And why are you taking me to the mall? You hate showing me off to people. You hate that people even know I exist, but no one does know that I exist, so I’m sure you’re happy.”

Ciara turned down the radio and took her sunglasses off to put them on her head. She looked at me while she was driving. “Bell, I don’t hate you.” She said soothingly. “The truth is, I’ve always been jealous of you.”

I looked at her like she was insane. “Are you on meds?”

“Have I really been that bad?” she asked, seemingly hurt by my gesture.

I looked out the window. “Yeah.” I whispered. I remembered something that she’d said though. “Were you really jealous of me?”

“No der! You are so gorgeous and you’re smart. Way smarter than me. You can write like no one I’ve ever seen… except maybe Ma. “

“But you’re so popular and you have tons of boyfriends.” I pointed out. “I’m not all that great.” I added.

“You are so amazing, and no one knows it because no one knows you. You don’t even know you. But people are just about to find out.” She said as we pulled into a parking spot.

“Wha—“ she dragged me to the entrance of the mall.
♠ ♠ ♠
it was just a filler, i guess.
it just showed that Ciara reallly does care when Belinda didn't think that she did.

48 readers. I am shocked, I really am. I never expected to even have anyone read this. And yet i had 48 readers that read at least the first chapter. I have 14 subscribers. Which is way better than expected. It may not seem like a lot to you, but to me it means the world.