Unreachable Love

Chapter III

“—Laced across her lips.”

I finished reading my poem and went to sit down, on the way noticing everyone was doing something except looking at me. I sighed. Same as always.

“That was wonderful Belinda. Now, who would like to share there’s next?” my literature teacher Mrs. Parker asked. Not a hand was raised.

---<3---

I sat down at my bed and looked around my room. It was very tidy. Not a piece of clothing lay out that wasn’t supposed to. Not a piece of trash lay on the floor. My walls were a dark blue so that it made everything else that was colorful really pop. I got up and walked over to my desk. I picked up the poem I’d read earlier on in the day. It was titled “Purity”. I got out my composition notebook and wedged it in between two pages. My composition notebook I used for poems. I wrote down my stories on my new laptop.

I opened up my laptop and began to keep writing on my story. I typed for hours, until Ma called me down for dinner. I closed the lid and went out into the hall.

Our family always had dinner together in the dining room. My ma cooked the meals because she was an excellent cook, so why waste it? I sat next to Bethany most days and across from Ciara.

Bethany is my 8 year old sister who is the most energetic girl I have every seen. She jumps around the house like she’s on crack.

Ciara is my older sister. Only a year older; she’s a junior. She’s really popular and all the guys like her. She’s got blonde hair that goes down to mid-stomach. She has green eyes that are much prettier than my dull brown. She hates me. Hates that I’ve always got my nose in books and I’m not around. She’s ashamed of me that’s what she is.

When dinner was set out on the table Dad asked the same question he asked every evening, “So how was your guys’ day?”

Ciara answered first. “Fantabulous. I made the cheer leading squad!!” she exclaimed in the high pitched voice of hers. Ugh. So annoying. She was practically jumping up and down.
I sighed. Her brain is the size of a peanut.

“Oh, that’s wonderful, honey.” Ma said in that controlled voice of hers. “But don’t you think you should concentrate more on school? Your grades are slipping down the drain.”
“Well, Mom. “ she said slowly and carefully. “I don’t think I need to because once I’m a top model I won’t need any of that junk.”

I scoffed.

Ciara noticed. “You got somethin’ to say, twirp?”

This is all I said:-- “Creating conflict is no one way to begin a friendship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this story is coming out too slow and that no one will get intrested in it cause of the starting. But I like it, and I'll keep it this way.
Things are just heating up. Introducing characters and building Bell's thoughts and feelings and personality.
Bell is Belinda's nickname btw.