Unreachable Love

Chapter IV

And then Lily Meri pulled me in for a hug.

“Okay, and stop right there. Lily, you need to actually feel for the girl. In the story, Ivy is heartbroken from her break up. You need to comfort her like a sister would.” Mrs. Loomis instructed the girl who was playing Cassie’s part; Ivy’s best friend.

“But Ms. Loo-oomis-s.” Lily complained, dragging out the “o” and “s” in her name.

“Okay, I need a break.” I said walking out the door.

I left the building and went to sit down across the street on the bench. It was seated at the edge of a park, facing out toward the street. I quickly decided I liked this bench. It would be my new thinking bench.

I looked out toward the street. There was a couple pieces of litter blowing about in the wind which I was tempted to go pick up but didn’t want to get up. I saw a couple birds flying together up high in the sky. The clouds drifted the way I was facing, which was north…. I think. The roof of the church was getting pretty torn up. A couple shingles were just dangling there. Come winter, they’ll be dead gone. They’ll have a leak, and it’ll get pretty cold in there on Sundays since there was a crack over on the far left window.

I heard voices and a couple walked past the church. They were In love. I could tell. The way she looked at him and the way he looked at her. The smiles plastered on their faces, only there because they’re with the other. That’s nice. I wish I could have that. Someone to hold me and someone there to pick up the slack. A shoulder to lean on and someone to wipe my tears away. Someone who cared if they hurt my feelings and someone who noticed when I was gloomy even though I kept repeating I was fine.

But I knew I would never have that.

“Sucky, don’t ya think? That thing called love.” A voice said from beside me that startled me. I looked up to see a guy sitting beside me, on the other edge of the bench. He was watching the couple as I was. It was Oliver, I think his name was. But his friends call him Oli. A thought popped into my head I hadn’t thought before. I was the most observant person I know. I watch things closely, I guess. I don’t just stand back and look at the picture as a whole, I see the little details.

“What? No. Love is beautiful. It’s romantic. It’s gentle, it’s kind. It’s sweet and has its taste of sour, too.” I replied.

“Oh.” He smirked. “Well, then, you’re wrong.”

“Oh, am I? Have you ever felt love? The way it lifts you off you feet and puts your head in the clouds. Makes you feel everything you never have before and so much more?” I questioned.

“No. But have you?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Uh.. well.. n-no. “ I stuttered. “But I’ve read about it in books.”

“Books. Huh. That’s something you don’t hear everyday.”

“I’m not your everyday kind of girl.” I stood up straightened up my dress. I was wearing a red sleeveless dress with white polka dots, a thick headband that matches, and my black ballet flats.

“Well, then what kind of girl are you?” he asked,not sounding at all curious, just saying the first thing that comes to mind.

I started walking across the street. “If I told you I’d have to kill you.”

Oliver Blu,

I’ll need to stay away from you.

Because I’m the kind of girl who is afraid to fall in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introducing Oliver Blu.
*sigh* my dream guy. well sort of. not the hating love part. lol