Unreachable Love

Chapter V

I walked down the hallway with my books at hand. My brunette hair hung down across my chest.

When I entered my classroom I headed toward my usual seat but when I looked up I saw there was a person sitting in it. A certain person.

“What are you doing in my seat?” I questioned.

“No assigned seats right? So, this ain’t your seat.” Oliver replied.

“Isn’t” I corrected.

He raised his eyebrow, which I was beginning to think was a habit of his. “What?”

“You said ain’t. The correct grammar is ‘This isn’t your seat.’”

“Huh. Books.” He scoffed, probably remembering our encounter yesterday.

He kept staring off into space and I just stood there. “Well, can you please move?” I asked impatiently, now tapping my foot.

“Sure.” He got up and went to sit on the other side of the room, in his normal seat, near his friends. Of course, I told myself, he wouldn’t want to sit by someone as invisible as me. I should be happy he payed me any attention at all. It could’ve just been some coincidence that he sat in my seat, because it was an open seat and ‘no one’ usually sits there. ‘No one’ being me.

I got out my notebook and just started scribbling, staring out the window. Class didn’t start for another two minutes. When I looked down to see what I’d drawn, I saw something I didn’t wanna see.

There was a heart around Oliver’s name.

---<3---

“Trevor’s the name. You’re going to be my muffin in the play right?”

I slightly laughed. “Yeah, I guess you could put it that way. I’m Belinda.”

We were on break during rehearsal and people were actually seeing me.

“Cool. Do you go to our school? ‘Cause I haven’t seen you around.”

I nodded, helplessly. “Yeah. I’m in your history class.”

“Really?” he asked, trying to remember me.

“Uh, yup. And phys ed…. Geometry….” I named off the classes we had together but all I got in return was a blank stare, which I really wasn’t expecting anything more.

Trevor is way out there. He’s the hottest guy in school. He’s a junior. And so obviously means he is going out with the hottest girl in school, Ciara Dipman, my sister. Trevor isn’t the brightest song on a CD, meaning: he’s super uber dumb. I’m starting to get the feeling that all guys around here are stupid.

Trevor’s friends dared him to try out for the play, that’s really the only reason her tried out for the play. Why he’s still here, now that’s a mystery to me. He actually got the lead guy character, the “Seventh Try” guy. But, this happened to be the first rehearsal he showed up to. I saw Mrs. Loomis giving him a talk earlier. Maybe she threatened his place in the show, which I’m glad if she did. I really don’t want to be kissing my sister’s boyfriend.

I walked over to Mrs. Loomis and asked her, “Why did you have to pick Trevor as lead?”

She sighed. “I felt he needed to learn some responsibility for once. Don’t you?”

I considered this. “Well… yes. But couldn’t he have gotten one of the smaller guy rolls. Like maybe have been my best guy friend instead?”

“well, then who would play who Trevor had been?” she asked skeptically.

“I don’t know, just pick somebody. Just, not Trevor.” What I said surprised her.

“Alright. I’ll consider it.”

I thanked her happily and marched back to my spot and felt better.

---<3---

The next day at rehearsal I asked what she’d decided.

She told me, “I’ve decided that you’re right. Trevor doesn’t have the right acting ability for that part. I know someone who does, though.”

“Really?” I asked. “Who?”

“Oliver Blu. Have you met him yet?”
♠ ♠ ♠
wow. I got it finished.
I had some writer's block on the last part of the chapter. But I got it done.
I hope things flow easier than this chapter.