Unreachable Love

Chapter VIII

I wobbled through the grass on the side of the road, stomping on weeds and kicking at rocks.

I was walking along that deserted road I told you about. My dress torn and my knees and feet wearing dirt. Trevor is playing a game. A game he’s a master at. A game I should have nothing to do with. And a game that I could never win even if I wanted to. Because Trevor planned everything out perfectly. He’s such a lying, schemeing, dirty… ugh. I should’ve listened to my sister. She told me to stay away from him. I didn’t listen, nope. She must’ve known I could never handle him and she wanted to protect me. That must’ve been it right? Unless she just didn’t want me to be seen with her ex-boyfriend. But I think I’ll go with the first one.

How I got here. You probably won’t be surprised. But I sure was. Do you know how dumb that makes me? Dumber than Trevor. Now, that’s dumb.

---<3---

Trevor pulled over to the side of the road and was stroking my cheek. He started stroking my hair to, only hard. It was like he was trying to pull it out. Abruptly he bent across the seats and roughly started kissing me. He pushed me back so we were lying halfway in the backseat. It took me a moment to catch up and figure out what he was doing. I started pushing him away, but he wouldn’t let go. He only held tighter. His lips tried pushing angrily against mine but gave up and started trailing his lips down my body until they met access with a part of me he shouldn’t even be.

“Get off!!” I screamed at him.

“No… baby…… you know…. You like it…..”

“You, stupid, f*cking bastard! Get the hell off of me!”

“Oh….. come on…..”

“Trevor!!!”

He took it more like a moan and started tearing my dress away with his teeth.

I’d had it at that point.

I pushed at him with all my will and force to get him off of me. I shoved and shoved and he slammed against the door in the driver’s seat.

He was breathing heavily. I was… but only because of trying to get him off me.

“Get out,” he snarled, “now.”

“And, how do you expect me to get home?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Walk, for the love of God. I’m not some taxi service. But, get out!”

“Fine, gladly.”

I pushed open the door and stumbled out onto the grass onto my hands and knees. He drove off as fast as he could. I watched him go.

“Bastard.” I mumbled under my breath. “Shit.” I cursed. My dress was torn and I was way dirty. I now noticed I didn’t have any shoes. They must have fallen off in the car.

So this is how I became lost out here. I think it’s about 11 p.m., right on curfew.

I sigh. Ya know what? I actually believed we could just be friends. I should’ve known he would get to me. I should’ve known he’d be like every other guy in the world. I should’ve known sex was all he could ever think about. I don’t know how to handle this stuff. I wish… I wish I was still invisible. I’m so stupid. How could I be this stupid? I’m so gullible……. I don’t think I deserve this….. actually, maybe I do. Did I do something to deserve this, God? Huh?

I’m suddenly down on the ground in a fetal position crying my eyes out. I don’t know how long I’m there, and I don’t care. ‘Cause I know if no one finds me I’ll just stay here. Stay here in rot, yeah, I think that’s what I’ll do. Rot in my own misery.

“You can take back your memories
They're no good to me.”

Gives You Hell by The All American Rejects gets stuck in my head. I’m not that fond of the song but it’s catchy. I start singing to myself starting from the beginning.

I hear an engine coming from the direction I came. I get up off the ground quickly and start waving frantically. “Please, oh please, help me.” I mutter.

The car stops and a familiar face pops out of the car.

“Belinda? Belinda! Oh my God, are you alright.”

“Fine, been better. But please give me a ride Oliver,”

“Of course.” He lifts me up into the passenger seat of his truck and my skin tingles but I try to ignore it. It wasn’t til later that I thought about the fact that he only has a permit.

On the way to my house we didn’t talk at all. But it was when he dropped me off that things started going. “Hey, do you mind if we talk?”

“Um… well, it’s past curfew.. I’m not sure if.. Okay.”

We walk over to the tire swing hanging from the tree outside my window. He didn’t say anything, I just started crying and everything that happened that night spilled out of my mouth. He held me in his arms as I cried, wiping away the tears.

“I’m gonna kill him, I promise you that.”

“Oliver?”

“Mmm.”

“How did you know I was on Brooklyn Street? No one takes that route so you must’ve known.” He gets up off the ground and starts to walk back to the car. “Wait!” I yell after him. “You didn’t answer the question!”

“Goodnight, Belinda. You know, I can be just as mysterious as you.” He calls back.