Never Let This Go

Would You Carry Me To The End?..

Frank’s POV

I paced the room, my pulse pounding in my ears. I had to do it now; it was now or never. I fingered the tiny box in my pocket, rotating it slowly. Our apartment was filled with baby stuff, yet it felt empty without Abby or Anna. The past month, had been some of the best time in my entire life. I had learnt so much, and shared so much. So many moments had passed which I would never, ever forget… And now I felt the time had come.

I had arranged for Anna to stay at Mikey’s overnight, telling him that Abby and I were going out to dinner. Mikey had looked at me smugly and agreed instantly. I know he enjoys looking after Anna more than any of the guys, and I trusted him.

I heard the tone as the lift arrived at our level. That was Abby, she’d just been visiting Gerard – they were good friends now. I heard a key in the lock and she bustled in, looking as beautiful as ever. Her cheeks were tinged pink from the cold outside, and she was smiling at me.

“Hello, darling… were you waiting for me?” she frowned slightly, her face apologetic. “Sorry Frankie, Gerard and I got talking – and sometimes he just doesn’t stop!” She rolled her eyes. “I’ll be ready to go in a few minutes.” She hurried towards our room, kicking off her battered shoes.

“Wait, Abby…” she slowly poked her head out of the door and walked out of our room. “We’re not going to the restaurant tonight.” I said, gazing at her disappointed face. I shifted

“Is everything alright, Frank?” she walked towards me, trying to read my expression. She was close enough now. I dropped to my knee, and pulled the box out of my pocket. I snapped it open, and looked up and into her eyes.

She stopped, and covered her mouth with her hands. Her hair tumbled across her forehead, her skin flawless and flushed. She breathed a silent “Oh my God…”

“W-will you marry me?” I stuttered, holding the box out towards her. My hands were shaking, and I watched her face intently – terrified of missing her decision…

But she still hadn’t said anything… I bowed my head, my arms dropping to my side. The pressure building under my ribs slowly deflated, and I bent my head. I silently closed the box again, and clutched it in my hand.

I forced myself to look at her. She regrettably murmured something I couldn’t make out.

“It’s okay… I get it.” I replied at a similar volume, turning and standing where I didn’t have to meet her eye. “I’m… Erm, just. Going to…” I mumbled vaguely, walking across the room.

“N-No… WAIT!” she cried, her hands tangling in panic through her hair. “Yes. Yes– I love you.” She burst out a little exhale of relief once she got the words out. I twisted round and checked her expression; she gave me a little smile.

She said yes.
She said she would marry me.

A few seconds later I had her in a tight hug, and we were both laughing and crying simultaneously. I regretfully pulled away, and slipped the ring on her finger. She admired it for a second, and then placed that hand on my cheek. She leant up and kissed me passionately. She backed away, gasping for breath and looked darkly into my eyes.

I reached over and pulled her right up close to me, our breathing quickening. I unwound the scarf that draped across her shoulders, and planted a trail of kisses down her neck. I reached the neckline of her top, and tugged it slowly off her upper arm, continuing the kisses down her spine. She gently massaged my back with her fingertips, and began to lift my shirt. I saw her eyes flicker with an idea, and she pushed me quickly across the room, her fingers hooked in my belt. She had pushed us into the bathroom, and she broke the kiss to reach over and switch on the shower.

She still loved it when we shared showers; it hadn’t changed since the beginning. And I still couldn’t resist her. She danced lightly across the bathroom, and removed her top and jeans. She slid into the shower, the steam escaping slightly and flowing out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated To Georgie <3