Milky's Way

: Early Morning Cigarettes:

It was Frazor that woke me up the following morning. There I was, spread-eagled on the bed, bottle of Jack’s in my hand; what a sight to see. After waking me up he left to make me a coffee and let me get changed. I pulled on my jeans and an old tee-shirt, quickly did my hair, sat at my desk and lit up my morning cigarette.

“Those things are bad for you, y’know” Frazor laughed as he handed me my coffee and went onto take one of my cigarettes for himself.

“If they’re so bad, why take mine all the time?”

“Because . . . . the more cigarettes I steal, the less harm done to you” and stuck his tongue out then lit his own, stolen, cigarette.

“So what’s up today Fra?”

“Not much. Same old, same old.” He laughed.

“You okay?”

Frazor is attractive in an old-fashioned kind of way, some girls might think so anyway, if they like that kind of thing. Thick, black hair, sort of 80’s-ish, but a cool sort of style, it’s hard to explain it. His eyes are beautiful, there’s a darkness about them. When I first saw him I thought he was wearing heavy eye make up, but after a few days I realized, that’s just his skin. There’re dark rings around them, like he needs a few more hours sleep, but it works well for him, reflecting against his pale skin. He really is rather beautiful, in some way.

“You still drinking?”

“You didn’t answer my question, Fra”

“You never answered mine.”

“I asked first” and gave him a shove on the arm

He shoved me back, and moving his arms like he was some kind of kung-fu genius, started to laugh. “You know I’ll kick our ass Milky, I am the Master”, and putting his hands into the prayer position, bowed to me.

“Anyway, I’m off to perfect the art of Kung-Fu. You will earn well little one.” He got up and made his way out of my room, as he got to the door he turned. “Looking forward to the rest of your story”. Then walked out.

While I sat drinking my coffee and smoking my next cigarette my mind wandered towards this afternoons session. What’ll be next? Mum. Or dad. Both subjets filled me with dread, but I’m going to have to do it one day right. Maybe no one will come today. Maybe they’ll all forget to come. Maybe. I hope I don’t cry, Frazor’ll be there. Of course he’ll be there, he’s always there. I wish it was his turn instead of mine, I wish he was this nervous instead of me, no I don’t, I don’t want anyone feeling like this.

I feel sick.