Emergency!

A Sickening Color

I swiftly made my way through the corridors, revolted at the sight of all that white. What a sickening color. All of a sudden, I heard two sets of footsteps approaching with voices to match and immediately pressed my back against the nearest wall, all the while praying to God I wouldn't be detected. Oh, the things I feared they would do if they found me... I couldn't let them find me. Ever.

"She was unconscious on her cot when I left her, I swear," said the first voice.

"I know, Wesley," said the second. "You've told me thirteen times. I'm not going to penalize you; just please shut up and help me find her."

"Yes, doctor."

The footsteps faded out as Wesley and the doctor turned down a different hallway, somehow missing the loud noises my heart made as it pounded against my chest. When those pounds were all I could hear, I moved forward again.

It was impossible to ignore the feeling that I was going in circles. Every room in every ward on every floor of this hospital looked exactly the same to me. It became more and more likely that there was no way out of here.

Except in a body bag.

"What are you doing out of bed at this hour, dear?"

I spun around to face a young woman of about my height dressed in nurse attire and smiling coldly at me. She herself was not intimidating, but she would lead them to me. I wouldn't admit defeat.

I turned to flee and heard her communication device crackle as she said, "Subject at large in sector seven, thir—"

One blow to her smug face and she was out. Thinking quickly, I dragged her body into the nearest room—a restroom, which, to my luck, was empty. I disrobed the nurse and traded my hospital gown for her white dress. I stood up and smoothed out the wrinkles, then looked forward into the mirror to see if my costume was believable.

I shrieked at my disfigured appearance.

My eyes were sunken into their sockets and covered in thick veins, with dark purple rings surrounding them. My flesh was a sickly green color with many huge boils, some oozing yellow pus. My nose was smashed in, and possibly missing some pieces. I was bald except for a few ratty tufts of golden hair.

And, scariest of all, I was covered, head to toe, in tiny, red pinholes.

Suddenly, the restroom door swung open, and in it stood Wesley, his clothes and hair disheveled and his breath heavy. He lunged at me, but I ducked and ran from the room.

I only got as far as the middle of the hallway before I was tackled to the white tile floor. I turned just in time to see the doctor holding me down and grinning evilly as Wesley pulled up my dress and stabbed me in the rear with a needle.

I cried out at the pain and watched the bright hospital lights devour me until all I could see was white.

What a sickening color.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could go so many places with this... XD