Status: the next update will be soon since i am now on spring break and don't have anything else to do

Everybody's Fool

lunch

Aw, lunch the only time you can get away from your teachers during school hours and hang with your friends. Today, they were serving Sloppy Joe's. It's not like anyone actually eats the school lunch, unless you are starving to death.
Nick, Carol and I headed towards our usual table, away from the populars, and sat down.
"So," I started placing my feet to the seat next to me.
"So, what?" Carol questioned.
"I have no idea," I answered crossing my arms on top of the table.
"Kim, what were you saying before you left to homeroom?" Nick asked me.
I tried to remember what I was going to say then I remembered, "Oh yeah, I was saying that doesn't Joe get a ride from the slut, I mean Katie?"
"Yeah, but Joe said Katie has cheer leading practice today," Nick explained placing an arm around Carol.
"Is Joe really that lazy that he can't drive himself?" I asked him looking up at the ceiling.
"I think so or maybe because he doesn't have his own car yet," Nick explained placing an arm around Carol
"Guys, I'll be back in a bit," I told them as I stood up from my seat
I walked out of the cafeteria and headed to the restroom.

(Carol P.O.V)
Kim left to who knows where, leaving only me and Nick.
"So, is Katie really going to cheer leading practice?" I asked Nick suspiciously. I don’t know why I just didn’t believe Nick when he said Joe needed a ride.
"Yea, why?" Nick questioned.
"Because Joe has a ton of friends who can give him a ride but yet he chooses to ride with us," I explained to him
"OK, you got me, Joe asked one of his friends for a ride but instead I told him to ride with us," Nick admitted.
"Why?" I questioned him.
"Because, Kimberly and Joe have a lot in common, I was just trying to set them up, and when I found out Kim liked Joe it worked out even better," Nick explained. "But Joe is dating Katie, that is the only draw back."
"Then let Kim choose whoever she thinks is her perfect guy," I told Nick.
"Yea, your right," Nick agreed. "But who, Kim acts differently when she's around a guy."
Nick and I stopped talking when Mr. Nolan, the principle, got everyone's attention.
"Students, give me your attention," Mr. Nolan announced. "I have a special announcement."
The cafeteria got quiet and waited for Mr. Nolan to continue his 'special' announcement.
"On the 21st of March, we will be having a black and white masquerade ball at the Counter Heights Hotel at 7:00p.m. until midnight," Mr. Nolan announced. "That's all, thank you."
Once Mr.Nolan left, the whole cafeteria was full with talk about the masquerade ball.
"I can't believe it a masquerade ball, this is going to be great and the best part we can meet a mysterious guy, who would be the perfect guy," a girl from the table next to us exclaimed really happily.
Suddenly, that gave me an idea.
"What's your idea?" Nick asked me, noticing my 'I have an idea' face.
I began to tell Nick my whole plan on how to help Kim meet her perfect guy at the ball but stopped when Kim came back.

(Joe's P.O.V)
I can't believe Katie would something so terrible to Kimberly and just for no reason. Why am I even dating Katie? I wondered to myself, Oh that's why, because I'm shallow and want to be popular.
The cafeteria was roaring with talk about the black and white masquerade ball, especially from our table.
"I can't wait for the ball, OMG, I need to find a dress," Bianca exclaimed happily.
"OMG, me too, girls tomorrow we are going shopping," Katie stated to the girls. "What are you going to wear, Joe?"
"Uh, clothes," I said in a 'duh' voice.
"Well, of course, but not until after the ball," Katie said seductively. Now this is what Kimberly meant by Katie being a slut and from I've heard, Katie was sleeping with a lot of people before me, I thought, Katie being seductive is really starting to get on my last nerve.
I turned towards my best friend since grade school, Josh, and mouthed, 'help me', but he just mouth back, 'sorry, I can't'. I turned back to Katie, who was just talking about the ball, how she should do her hair, and how should her dress look like and blah, blah, blah. I saw Kimberly walking back in the cafeteria. I barely noticed that she changed her clothes into something way better. It must have been Carol, Nick told me that Carol is an awesome fashion designer and a killer drummer.
"Hey, look, the freak is heading this way," Brittany told us.
"Maybe if we're lucky she'll fall flat on her face," Katie whispered to us before she stuck her foot out in front of Kimberly but Kimberly just walked over it pretending not to notice us. "Damn it," Katie said.
I just smiled at that.

(Your P.O.V)
I walked back in the cafeteria and noticed everyone was talking about some ball that was going to happen on March 21st. I headed back to my seat until I notice Katie stuck her foot out but I just walked over it and continued my way to my seat. I didn’t want to deal with her right now.
When I sat in my seat with my feet pulled up on the seat next to mine, I noticed Carol and Nick just automatically stopped talking with each other.
"What were you two talking about?" I asked them.
"Bands," Carol said.
"Video games," Nick said. They looked at each other as if they were trying to come up with something in their head.
"Yea, we were talking about which type of bands would like each like different video games," Carol covered up.
"OK?" I said in confusion not sure if I believed them. "Anyway," changing the subject, "why is everyone talking about a ball?"
"Oh, there's going to be a Masquerade ball on March 21st and I'm going to make your dress," Carol explained to me.
I started laughing then stopped and looked at Carol and Nick. "Your not kidding?" Carol shook her head. "Carol, come on, you know I'm not going to be able to go."
"Doesn't matter, you're still going," Carol stated.
"But-"
"Your going," Carol interrupted me.
"But-"
"Nope, you are going no matter what," Carol stated.
"Fine," I huffed crossing my arm in front of my chest.
Nick started laughing at me and I glared at him.
Nick coughed, "what?" Nick asked me sounding as if nothing happened.
"Nothing," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4 hope you like it
Josh Tilson this is Joe's best friend he is going to be a main character
I don't feel like typing anymore it's two in the morning and I am tired
RATECOMMENT/SUBSCRIBE
I EDITED a bit on this story