Status: the next update will be soon since i am now on spring break and don't have anything else to do

Everybody's Fool

Nick's house

Finally, the school day was already over and I couldn't be any happier, well, semi-happier. I wasn't that much trilled about Joe with us, but I've got to admit, I am a bit happy that Joe is going to be riding with us, at the same time, and I am also happy that I am going to be away from the step-family for a while.
Nick, Carol, and I were waiting for Joe by our lockers.
"When is he going to get here?" I sighed as I sat down against the locker, we've been waiting for Joe for about 10 minutes already. Most of the school was empty already, except for the people that needed to stay for practice.
"How should I know, he's probably with Katie or something," Nick said leaning his head against the locker.
"I don't even what to think about what Joe and Katie are even doing right now," Katie shivered in disgust.
"Hey, thanks for putting that image in my head," I sarcastically thanked her giving her a thumbs up.
"I doubt that, Joe wears a purity ring just like Kevin and I," Nick stated.
"True, but still, they could be doing something besides that," Carol and I shivered together.
"Carol, if you don't stop, I'm going to kill you," I stated giving her death glares while covering up my ears.
After for what seemed an hour but really was only 10 more minutes, Joe finally came walking with Katie, she had an arm around Joe's waist.
"Gosh, Joe, what took you so long?" Nick asked Joe.
"Sorry, I had to talk to a teacher about something, then I waited for Katie to finish changing," Joe explained, scratching the back of his head.
"And why did you wait for Katie to finish changing?" Carol questioned Joe, giving him a weird look..
"Because I told him to," Katie answered for him, clinging to his arm now. Does she ever stay in one spot with Joe? I thought to myself.
"Now we know who's the man in this relationship," I muttered under my breath. Carol heard what I said and chuckled a bit covering it with a cough, Katie just glared at me. I gave her an innocent smile.
"Can we go now?" I asked Nick impatiently.
"Yea, come on," Nick answered wrapping an arm around Carol's shoulder's.
Joe was about to walk toward us until Katie stopped him from going any further and gave him a big wet kiss, it was basically a big make out.
I started gagging until Katie and Joe stopped and starred at me. Katie gave a death glare, I think it was supposed to scare me but I was just trying not to laugh. Nick and Carol looked like they were trying to hold in their laughing, Joe just basically looked like he hated the public affection, it's either that or the kiss from Katie.
"What?" I asked Katie innocently. Katie didn't say anything she just kept on glaring. "Oh, come one, Nick and Carol are a couple and you don't see them kissing like. . .that."
"Whatever," Katie responded.
"Great, comeback," I muttered.
"Anyway," Katie continued, "I'll see you tomorrow." Katie gave Joe one last kiss then skipped away, making her skirt go up and down, showing her underwear..
"OK, now that's something I wish I hadn't seen," I stated in disgust.
Joe walked toward us and turned to the side to wipe the kiss away. I don't think Nick and Carol saw since they were ahead of us.
We arrived at Nick's red Nissan car and got in. I had to sit in the back since Carol didn't want to sit with Joe so I was stuck with him, which wasn't all that bad.

The ride to Nick's house was pretty quiet except for the radio. They were starting to play Awakening by Switchfoot. Switchfoot is one of my favorite bands.
"Gosh, not this band," Carol said just as she was about to change the station.
"Wait, don't change it," Joe and I stopped her.
We looked at each other with confused faces.
"You like Switchfoot?" Joe asked me.
"Yeah," I answered. "You like Switchfoot?"
"I think they are awesome," Joe answered. "My favorite song is Only Hope."
"Not bad, I like Dare you to Move better," I said
"Not bad," Joe commented mimicking me, stroking his chin. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit.
Nick and Carol started laughing about something.
"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked them, weirdly.
"It's just that. . . you two never talk at school, and yet here you guys are actually having a conversation plus you guys may have more things in common if you two talk more with each other," Carol explained.
Joe and I just looked at each other.
"OK?" Joe and I said confused.
"You guys don't believe me, do you?" Carol questioned us. Joe and I just shook our heads.
Carol sighed then asked, "I'll prove it to both of you," Carol thought for a minute, "what is your favorite thing to do?"
"Sing," Joe and I answered.
"Favorite color?"
"Blue," Joe and I answered again.
"You think Miley Cyrus needs a . . ."
"Straight jacket," we finished for her.
Nick laughed at that answer
"One of your bad habits is. . ."
"Biting my nails," we finished for her yet again.
OK, I'm getting a little bit freaked out, I thought.
"Your-"
"OK, we get it," I interrupted Carol, "we have a lot of things in common."
"Now you see what I mean," Carol sighed.
"Doesn't make a difference, it's not going to change anything," I stated crossing my arms in front of my chest.
"Really?" Joe said in a confused voice.
"Well, duh Joe, do you actually think you would want to be seen with me and plus I doubt Katie would even want you hanging around with me," I told him.
"Why does Katie hate you?" Joe asked me changing the subject.
"I don't know," I answered as I starred out the window. "Ever since the 6th grade Katie's been treating me like this."
We finally arrived at Nick's house. The four of us got out of the car and walked inside the house. Joe just headed upstairs to his room while Carol, Nick and I walked in the kitchen and found his mom, Mrs. Jonas, making dinner.
"Hello, Carol, Hello Kimberly," Mrs. Jonas greeted us.
"Hey, Mrs. Jonas," we greeted back in unison sitting down on the stools.
"Hey mom," Nick said giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"Are you two going to be staying for dinner?" Mrs. Jonas asked us, opening the oven and pulling out a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
"Yes," we answered.
The cookies smelled delicious then suddenly in walked Kevin and Frankie into the kitchen.
Frankie is Nick's, Joe's, and Kevin's younger brother. Frankie is 8 years old but he's going to turn 9 in September.
"Mmm, I thought I smelled cookies," Frankie said walking towards them.
"No, you'll ruin your supper," Mrs. Jonas told Frankie.
Frankie huffed then looked at us. "Carol, Kim, hi," Frankie exclaimed giving us a hug.
"Hey, Frankie," Carol and I said hugging him back.
"No hug for me," Kevin whined.
"Come here," I told Kevin as Frankie left and opened my arms to him
Kevin walked toward us and gave us a huge hug. Kevin has been going to college not too far from here.
"How's it going?" Carol asked him.
"Good, good," Kevin answered.
"How's Danielle?" I asked him.
Danielle is Kevin's girlfriend, they have been dating each other for months.
"She's good," Kevin answered.
"Cool," Carol and I commented.
Nick, Carol, Kevin and I headed down the basement. The basement is like a miniature arcade. They had a rock band, a pinball machine, DDR, an air hockey table, pool table, a xbox 360, a huge light brown sofa in front of the plasma screen t.v., and anything you can imagine.
"So, what should we do first?" Carol asked taking a sit on the sofa.
"Rock band," we answered heading towards the game set.
"Drums," Carol called sitting down on the stool.
"Guitar," Nick and Kevin said grabbing their own guitar. The rock band came with two guitars.
"I guess I'll be the singer," I said walking towards the microphone.
We all got ready to play. We were all on expert and chose Dirty Little Secret by All American Rejects.

Let me know that I've done wrong
When I've known this all along
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
"Don't mess up, Kim," Nick commented.
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)

"Shut up," I said
My dirty little secret

Who has to know
When we live such fragile lives
It's the best way we survive
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret

"Mess up," Nick commented.
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
"I'm gonna hurt you," I told him.
My dirty little secret

Who has to know
The way she feels inside (inside)
Those thoughts I can't deny (deny)
These sleeping dogs won't lie (won't lie)
And all I've tried to hide
It’s eating me apart
Trace this line back

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret)

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret
Dirty little secret
Dirty little secret

Who has to know
Who has to know


We all got 5 stars, when the song ended.
"Now, what?" I asked them taking a seat on the sofa.
"DDR," Carol and Nick exclaimed.
I groaned. "Kevin, you want to play air hockey?" I asked him.
"No thanks, I already know whose going to win," Kevin said.
"Who?" I questioned him.
"Me," Kevin simply said.
"Those are pretty strong words from a loser," I said laughing.
"Oh, its on now," Kevin said getting up from the couch and running to the air hockey table.
I chuckled as I headed to the opposite end of the table.
"Prepare to eat your words," Kevin commented as we started.

The game ended with me winning 25 to 20, Kevin was pretty bum that I won.
"I told you I was going to win," I told him walking to the sofa.
"That was just luck," Kevin said sitting down on the arm rest of the sofa.
"Yay, I won," Carol exclaimed jumping up and down.
"That was just luck," Nick said mimicking Kevin.
"Yea, sure, and how many times did I win?" Carol questioned him with a smirk on her face.
"Four," Nick coughed.
"What was that?" I asked Nick.
"Four," Nick said louder.
Carol and I laughed and exclaimed, "Girls' Rule!"
"I'm going to get something to drink," I told them heading towards the kitchen.
Once I got in the kitchen I opened the refrigerator and got out a water bottle and opened it up. Since I wasn't watching where I was going, I bumped into someone causing me to fall on my butt.
"Sorry, about that," Joe apologized giving me a hand.
"It's ok, I should have watch where I was going," I told him grabbing his hand.
"So, how's it going?" Joe randomly asked.
"Uh, good," I answered confused. "Why do you ask?"
"Just wondering," Joe answered.
"Joe, can I ask you something?" I questioned Joe.
"Sure, what is it?"
"Um, why do yo-" I was cut off by a phone ringing.
"Sorry," Joe said taking out his cell phone from his pocket, answering it. "Hello?"
I heard talking on the other end but I couldn't tell who it was.
"Hey, Katie," Joe greeted. "No, I'm not doing anything now, why?"
I just stood there, shocked. I was standing right in front of him about to ask him something.
"Sure, let me just go to my room," Joe said walking back up to his room.
"Hey, Joe, I was wondering why do you act the way you do?" I finished myself. What a jerk, I thought walking back to the basement.
When I was in the basement, Nick and Kevin were arm wrestling with each other on the pool table.
I sat down next to Carol on the light brown sofa, watching Nick and Kevin arm wrestling and see who would win.
"So, what took you so long, did you get lost," Carol joked.
"Ha, ha, funny," I said sarcastically. "No, I was just talking to Joe until he blew me off." I took a sip of my water.
"What were guys talking about?" Carol asked me snatching away my water bottle and took a sip.
I told Carol about the talk Joe and I had with each other and how he just blew me off for Katie. After I finished talking, Nick's and Kevin's arm wrestling match finished, Nick ended up losing and Kevin won.
"I never win," Nick pouted.
"So, he just blew you off just like that?" Carol questioned. I nodded.
"What are you guys talking about?" Kevin asked us.
"How much of a baby Nick is," I answered.
"Hey," Nick said offensively.
Kevin, Carol and I started laughing. Nick just looked really offended.
"Aw, you know we are only joking," Carol told Nick giving him a kiss on the cheek.
On the ground I lay
Motionless in pain
I can see my life flashing before my eyes
Did I fall asleep
Is this all a dream
Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare

"What's that?" Kevin said surprised.
"Relax, its just my phone," I told taking out my cell phone from my pocket.
"Hello," I said answering my home.
"Where the hell are you!" Nina yelled in my phone.
She screamed so loud that I had to pull the phone away from my ear and put it back in my ear. I got confused faces from Kevin, Nick and Carol.
Its Nina, I mouthed. They just ohed.
"Nina, I'm at Nick's house, remember I told you if I could come over after school and you said I can," I stated to her.
"I did no such thing," Nina denied.
"But you did, you sa-," I was cut off by Nina's screaming. "Are you calling me a liar?!"
"No, but-,"
"Get home this instant!" Nina screamed then hung up. Man, does she ever get a soar throat from all that screaming? I wondered.
I closed my phone and placed it back in my pocket.
"Sorry, guys but Cruela De vile wants me home," I told them. I have a ton of nicknames I call Nina behind her back, its quite funny.
"That bitch," Carol commented.
"Tell me something I don't know," I said getting up.
All four of us left the basement and headed to the front door.
"Tell your mom and Frankie I said bye," I told Nick and Kevin.
"You don't want one of us to drive you," Kevin asked me.
"No, it's ok, my house is only 3 blocks away from here. I stated.
"Kay," Kevin said.
"Later guys," I said before I left.
"Bye, Kim, I'll call you later," Carol said.
"Ok," I said.
I left the house and headed off to my hell hole of a house.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 5 people I was just bored and decided to update on this story
Maybe I'll post a terrible thing:boarding school today still not sure I'm having writers block
Anyway enjoy :)
Oh and I don't own any of the songs in this chapter I just needed to use them
RATE/SUBSCRIBE/COMMENT