The Guest

chapter 9

[Frank's pov]

After everyone was introduced and Brian had given Rachel a tour of the bus we all went our seperate ways, Ray, Bob and Mikey headed off to the back lounge to play video games, Gerard and Brian went to catch an hour or two of sleep and I sat in the front lounge looking out of the window as we began to drive to our next venue.

After a few minutes of watching the outside world pass by outside the window as nothing more that a blur I lay on the couch and closed my eyes.

Even though I hadn't meant to I fell asleep again, waking to the sound of my cell phone ringing, I considered ignoring it and enjoying the vibrating sensation against my thigh but that's something to save for the privacy of my bunk.

"Hello?" I said bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hey Frank," I hadn't checked the caller ID when I answered the phone and was beginning to wish that I had when I heard who was on the other end of the line.

"Hey Maria," I replied not looking forward to the conversation that was about to take place.

"Look I'm sorry about what I said to you before."

"Really?"

"Well a little, you have to try and understand my point of view Frank."

"I understand it perfectly, you don't trust me."

"I do trust you."

"If you trusted me Maria you wouldn't imply every god damn time that we talk that I'm going to go off and fuck a groupie or two."

"Frank!"

"What? I don't wanna waste my time going over the same old arguments."

"I don't want to argue."

"Yes you do, if you didn't want to then you'd trust me, I mean we've been together all this time and I have never done anything to hurt you."

"You're obviously not going to listen to a word I say now so I'll just leave you to whatever you're doing, bye Frank I love you." She said before hanging up.

I sighed as I put my cell phone back in to my front pocket, I felt bad that I hadn't really given her a chance to speak but I was so sick and tired of us right now.

"Is everything okay?"

I turned my head slightly to see Rachel sitting across the walkway at the table, she must have sat there when I was asleep.

"Um yeah," I replied.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to listen in." She said looking down at the table.

"Oh uh it's okay, usually I end up shouting and the whole bus hears." I laughed.

"I see," she smiled. "Was that your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, we have a love hate relationship." I replied.

"And right now it's programmed to hate?"

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"I'm sure it'll all work out."

'That's what you think, wait til she sees you,' I thought watching her as she smiled at me.