Black Hearted

Chapter 1

I woke up to my loud alarm clock. I check the time, it was 9:05. I get up and stretch. It was really cold outside due to it being the middle of December. I hop into the shower, hoping to warm up. When I got out and got dressed I decided to go to the mall. As I head downstairs I saw my mom making breakfast, my dad reading the newpaper and drinking coffee, and my brother Demetree watching tv. "Where are you going Mckenzie", my dad asked. "I'm just going to the mall to hang out with my friends", I answered. "Don't you want breakfast first", my mom asked. "No thanks, I'll buy a bagel and hot chacolate on the way there." I called up my two best friends up before leaving. I've known Tatum and Alex since I was four. Once I got to the mall I saw Tatum and Alex at HotTopic looking at gothic T-shirts. When they turned around they saw me and came over and hugged me. "How's it going", Tatum asked. "Yeah, since winter break started we haven't seen you", Alex said. " I'm doing well, how 'bout you two'', I asked. "We're doing good", Tatum replied. "Hey lets go to the food court and get a burger", Alex suggested. As we head down to the food court I was wasn't looking. I bumped into someone. I plopped to the floor. All of my stuff fell out of my purse. "I'm so sorry", I said. I was totally embarrased. "No I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going", the guy said. I looked up at the guy I knocked into. He had silky black hair, big hazel eyes, a lip ring, a nose ring, and tattoos. He was really cute. He bends down and starts to help me pick up my spilled items. When we were done picking up my stuff he helped me up. "Uh..... I'm Frank by the way", he said with a smile. "I'm Mckenzie, it's nice to meet you............ oh and these are my friends Tatum and Alex", I pointed to my two best friends on the sidelines. "Well it's nice to meet you Mckenzie", Frank said with a large smile on his face. Then he walked away. "OMG!!! You have a crush on that guy don't you Mckenzie", Tatum said with excitement. I smiled. "Maybe, just maybe", I said.