Black Hearted

Chapter 5

The doctor led me to the room Frank was staying in. It felt like big black butterflies were flying around my stomach. When we got to the room my eyes widened. Frank was laying there in the hospital bed. He had tubes, wires, and needles attached to him everywhere. I studied his face. He was paler than a ghost. He hair was messy. He had dark circles around his eyes. I went over to him and groomed his hair. Suddenly I collapsed to my knees. I laid my head on his chest. Tears poured out my eyes. I listened to each heart beat slowly thump. I closed my eyes. I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw Frank was awake. He had a smile lifeless smile on his face. Nothing compared to the big joy filled grins he use to give me. I cried even more. "It's okay, there's nothing to worry about", He said in a low unhappy voice. "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!", I screamed. "You dying", I sobbed. "I'll be fine", Frank said. "You're leaving me", I cried. Frank stared with his hazel eyes into my Siberian blue eyes. He sighed, "No matter where I go, if I go to army, if I leave the Earth, if I die, no matter what I will always be with you." I laid my head back down. He stroked my hair. "Everyone dies, I'm just one of everyone", Frank said with a smile. I looked up at him. "I'll find you a heart!"

(My shortest chapter)