Status: COMPLETE.

The Walls Caved In

those two words mean a lot

"Alli, no," I pulled the remote control from her hand, and pointed it towards the receiver, turning it off. I was not going to let her mope on our couch for another hour, watching Lifetime movies about abuse, abandonment, murder, and sex.

It just wasn't going to go on like this until she told me what had gone down last night.

She didn't move from her curled position between the arm rest and the seat cushions until I said her name again. She moved then, wrapping her blanket closer around her and staring me down.

"I went to that party with Jessica and April," she said, "but when we got there they wandered off, and I went to go find some other friends. I didn't even have a lot to drink, I think I had one beer."

"I'd only had one beer, and I was talking to Skylar, and he was flirting with me, and I was happy," she paused, breathing deeply. She had shut her eyes as she talked, and then she opened them abruptly. We had the same deep blue eyes, and now hers were round orbs staring at me. "We went upstairs, and I knew what was gonna happen. I wanted it to happen, Joyce, and it did."

She was crying again, now, so I pulled her close to me. She pressed her head to my chest, her body shaking mine. "I thought it was gonna be so great, Joyce, but it wasn't. It hurt," I pulled her closer as she choked on her words, "it hurt."

I could relate to her words. Kind of. As a senior in high school, I was still a virgin, but I knew what my 16-year-old sister was going through. She had been let down, her expectations had not been filled, her hopes hadn't been good enough. I knew what she meant, because being let down did hurt. It hurt your mind, your self-esteem, and it hurt your outlooks on life.

She was right, it hurt.

I was glad Allison had confided in me. I knew she would. We've always been close, since our parents couldn't be. They both worked nights, and came home around six each morning. Enough time for them to say good night just as we were walking out the door and to school. That left them enough time to kiss our cheeks and hug us when we came back from school. That was another let down we both knew well.

"Joyce," Allison said, shifting away from me now. She pushed her hair away from her face, while wiping a few stray tears, "thanks a lot."
♠ ♠ ♠
Had to get this out, sowwy.