Status: COMPLETE.

The Walls Caved In

a wish on the stars

It was 11:09. My phone was tucked into my back pocket. The dryer door was swung open by my knees, and the stack of freshly laundered clothes was growing in front of me. This cycle was working well. Fold a pair of jeans, answer Eric's text. Match a pair of socks, answer Eric's text.

A buzz to my butt, and I pulled the phone from my pocket.

It's 11:11, close your eyes and make a wish.

I shut my eyes, ready to spout off some silly wish to my conscience. Nothing came. No thoughts filled my head. The only thing present was the scent of Tide and dryer sheets.

I tried to find something in my head, something that would have enough backbone for me to trim an idea from it. I have never made a wish like this before- on the spot, due to some sort of superstitious occasion. It wasn't a real occasion, considering that this time came around every night. It wasn't like a shooting star.

Maybe that was the difference, though. Shooting stars don't happen frequently, they just pop up. Making your day and giving you hope that maybe your wish will come true. 11:11 came around all the time, though. The only thing rare about it was catching it. You couldn't stay awake and watch your clock, waiting for the multiple numbers to match. You had to randomly stumble upon, checking the time on your watch. Oh look, you smile, searching your mind for a thought, look what time it is.

"I wish something would stumble upon me. Surprising me. Something wonderful or terrible. Something unexpected." The words were soundless on my lips, alive in my head.

Laughter made my body shake, I was surprised by the sound. I opened my eyes, looking behind me. Allison was back from wherever she had been tonightwith her friends. "You look so silly," she said, a smile on her face. Her voice was light as it walked with her, walking towards me.

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked, her voice still smooth and quiet. We weren't arguing tonight, the sounds of her voice told me.

"Oh, you know. I thought I'd do some laundry for mom, since her schedule is back to before. Mine might as well be, too." My phone buzzed again.

"Oh, cool," she said, yawning. Did you make a wish? Eric asked.

Of course, I told him.

"Who..who are you..?" Alli lifted a hand, gesturing to my phone.

"A friend," I said. She raised an eyebrow, opening her mouth to say something else. A yawn came out instead, and she shrugged her shoulders, not asking me about it. She was too tired.

I hope my wish comes true (;

Me too. I typed, answering him.

Hang a shirt on a hanger, answer Eric, wish on a star.
♠ ♠ ♠
Which layout do you like better? This one, or the old one?

Oh, how I enjoy wishing @ 11:11.
This chapter didn't come off like I wanted it to, but its good enough.