Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 12

'Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment' Buddha

‘Do you think we were meant to find each other again,’ I asked Brendon as I stroked his head. He shifted his head slightly from where it rested on my stomach.
‘I don’t care,’ he said. ‘I found you.’
‘Do you think we were supposed to go through all that shit?’ I asked.
‘I dunno Sass,’ he replied. ‘What’s with all the questions?’
I shrugged.
‘Just wondering what goes in that head of yours,’ I giggled.
He rolled over to beside me and pulled the duvet cover over our heads. It was as if we had our own little world under the duvet. I looked at him. He looked so cute, he was shirtless and his hair was all messed up. I smiled.
‘You,’ he said. ‘That’s what goes on in my head.’
He tickled me and then he was kissing me. I pulled his body close to mine.
‘Never leave me Brendon,’ I whispered into his ear when we broke away for a second.
‘Never,’ he replied.
‘Promise?’
‘I promise.’
We spent the whole night together and all the next day in the hotel room. We didn’t need anything but some room service. That day was magical. All too soon, the next evening Brendon had a plane to catch. I stood at the door smiling at him in one of his old t-shirts as he walked down the hall. He kept running back to kiss me.
‘Grrrrr,’ he joked. ‘Why do you have to look so damn hot?’
‘It’s my job!’ I laughed.
Finally, I watched him as the elevator door shut and I turned back into a lonely hotel room. I watched TV for a while not wanted to leave the little cocoon where Brendon and I had hid away. Suddenly, the one device connecting me to the outside world began to ring.
‘Hello?’ I asked and I had to pull my ear away from the phone. All I could hear was Jules screaming.
‘Jules? JULES???’ I shouted.
‘SARAH! Guess what,’ Jules gasped down the phone.
‘Ok Ok, Jules,’ I said rationally. ‘Calm down and tell me what’s going on?’
‘Oh Sarah! Ok a major music producer was at Battle of the Bands and he wants to hear us play again!!! Sarah, WE MIGHT GET SIGNED!!!’
I jumped up and began to scream as well. I couldn’t believe it, that was too amazing.
‘So get your gorgeous ass over here honey, because we got a lot of practise to do!’ laughed Jules and she hung up.
I threw myself onto the bed and smiled to myself. There was nothing I wanted more than to be signed but as I got dressed and began to leave the room I got this strange feeling that I was leaving Brendon. I know that’s silly but it felt as though I was choosing the music over him. I took one last look into the hotel room and shut the door. My heart ached and I just prayed that I would never have to make that decision in real life.