Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 2

‘A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea’ Honore de Balzac

5 years later.
‘You wanna play some football Sarah?’ asked Tom eyeing up the ball sitting n the middle of the garden.
‘Em, No thanks. You know I can’t play sport,’ I said.
‘Aww, but you used to be so good at sport Sarah. I remember when a day wouldn’t go by without you playing basketball or softball…’ Mum reminisced.
‘Well, not anymore,’ I replied and left for my room.
We live in Florida now. Have for almost five years. Two years ago, Mum met Tom and now we all live together. Me, Mum and Tom; one big happy family. I went upstairs and turned on some music, letting the lyrics and catchy melody wash over me. I lay down on my bed and wrote in my journal. My journal isn’t really like a diary I just write down whatever I feel; poems, stories, pictures, thoughts, memories. I think it’s the only thing keeping me sane, emptying my head. I hate it here, I don’t fit in. I don’t have perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect tanned beautiful bodies running around in bikinis. I know I have changed though, I’m not the tomboy I used to be. I wear make-up and I like to buy cloths and accessorise. I used to do a load of cool DIY stuff with my cloths, completely transforming my cloths into art but I was teased and accused of being poor so I stopped. But I still do the odd bit of beading or drawing just to be a little different. I heard Mum coming up the stairs.
‘Sarah, Honey, Tom’s taking us out for dinner remember?’ she smiled. ‘Get yourself ready. Leaving in half an hour.’
I groaned and rolled off the bed. I straightened my long brown hair. It’s pretty cool I think because I cut it myself and it looks really choppy and messy. I applied about ten tons of black eyeliner and a line of neon blue for effect. I pulled on my skinniest jeans and a pair of converse. I then grabbed my blue baggy top that I cut the sleeves and neck from so it kinda just hangs off my shoulders. Then I put on my
We drove to a small comfy restaurant looking out over the beach. The sun was Spiderman necklace, can never leave home without it. setting and so it was highly romantic, except I was here with Mum and Tom. We ordered and I decided to take a walk as they started to get all mushy.
I walked along the beach walk, it was cool but not too cool, just perfect. It was these nights I wished I had someone, a friend, a boyfriend, anyone I could talk to. I had so much to say. I plugged in my ipod, my best friend, and let the music help me to forget everything. I closed my eyes and just stood there, feeling refreshed. Suddenly, something bumped into my side.
‘Hey,’ I yelled as I opened my eyes and glared down at a guy sitting below me the pavement.
‘Oh no…..I’m sorry. I’m so sorry….I fell…these fucking roller blades…I’m sorry,’ he paused. ‘Wait…..Sarah?’
I stood there in shock gazing down at the boy grinning up at me. It couldn’t be him, it just couldn’t. Big brown eyes, squishy little nose that now has no dried snot on it and floppy, black hair that actually looked washed. My hand reached up and touched the cool Spiderman chain under my top.
‘Brendon?!?’