Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 6

‘Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness’ Maya Angelou.

After hearing how into music Brendon was I decided to start guitar lessons since I was such a lover of music myself. My Mum was delighted to see such a burst of enthusiasm from me she jumped at the chance and went out and organised it herself. I borrowed one of Tom’s old acoustic guitars, which was so old I had to clean it out to remove all the dust.
The lessons were held down in the old part of town in a pretty run-down building that had been fully refurbished inside. You don’t expect it but as you walk in the two large doors its all modern and new inside. I walk over to a Barbie-Doll-Clone who is supposed to be a receptionist. She is sitting at the desk with her long, overly-hair-sprayed hair falling in perfect curls around her neck and her long, lean and slightly orange legs propped up on the desk. She is way more interested in her nail file than me.
‘Excuse me?’ I asked.
‘Listen, honey, you are beautiful! That puppy fat will go eventually!’ she said still gazing at her nails, every so often giving them a blow.
‘Sorry, What?’ I said pulling my jacket closer around me.
‘I know, I know, but I’m just saying you’d be happily married if you didn’t have that flab,’ she said sighing and shaking her head.
‘Now listen here,’ I said getting angry. ‘I am perfectly happy with my body and I don’t wanna look like you at all anyways! How could you just say that to me?!?!’ The woman looked up and turned to face me. ‘Sorry love. Didn’t see you there,’ she laughed. ‘I was on the phone.’ She indicated to the little black piece clipped to her ear.
‘Oh right,’ I said sheepishly. ‘Can you tell me where the guitar lessons are?’
‘Upstairs and in the third door on your right,’ she said politely and spun back to her nail file.
I turned around, still red as a tomato, to be faced with a tall, pale but beautiful girl with long, shiny black hair. She smiled.
‘Hey, Noob, heard your joining guitar lessons? Follow me!’ she said and turned. She leaned back. ‘Oh and nice speech by the way.’ She burst out laughing. That was too embarrassing.
The girls name was Jules and she was my age, a little older. She is an amazing drum player apparently but wanted to try out guitar. I am also four classes behind the rest of the beginners. I was so happy to have made a friend that I was all smiles throughout the class which seemed to make everyone even friendlier. The lesson was good and I liked the teacher. Apart from the beginning, I was really happy I did it. After class, Jules and I exchanged numbers and headed home.
As soon as I got home I picked up the phone and called Brendon.
‘Hey Sarah,’ he said. ‘I was just about to call you. How was guitar lessons?’
‘Well, it seems that since I found you everything has been getting better and better,’ I said, grinning.