Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 7

‘As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words’ William Shakespeare.

Brendon came down again for Valentines Day. It was hard for him to get time off school but he insisted he had to be with me on this day. I knew him so well. I mean, since we met, six months ago, I practically know all of him and I want more. We’ve seen each other often and I’ve gone up to Vegas twice. Everything is perfect.
‘Ok Sass! Where are we going tonight?’ he said. (Btw, Sass is his nickname for me.)
We decided to have dinner and just go down to the beach. I threw off my shoes and ran into the water. It just glowed in the moonlight. Brendon followed and he insisted on splashing and then he grabbed me and spun me around. Until, he stopped and leaned in. We kissed for a long time, but it only felt like a second. He was an amazing kisser, never being to hard but not too soft either. When he pulled away, he held me close and stroked my head.
‘Sass?’ he said whispering in my ear. It was all I could hear except for the waves lapping softly at out feet.
‘Yes Brendon,’ I sighed hoping this could last forever.
‘Sass,’ he said. ‘I love you.’
My heart and stomach did flips and my legs buckled. Butterflies filled my tummy worse than ever. I was so happy I could have almost cried. Brendon saved me from the boring depression I was under. He saved me and made me. He completed me and he loved me. LOVED ME.
‘I love you too,’ I said.
We held each other for a long, long time.
Next week, I was shopping with Jules. Brendon was gone but the magic of that moment still made my heart do little flips. I told her the whole story.’
‘Oh wow, Sarah,’ she said. ‘That’s amazing! You are so lucky.’
I knew I was. I was the luckiest girl in the world. We had just finished and were now heading back to Jules’ house for band practise. Yes! You heard me, I’m in a band. I may not be the best guitarist but I’m getting there and Jules offered me a spot.
The band consisted of Jules on vocals, me on guitar, Darren on bass and Kyle on drums. I loved these guys, they were hilarious and now really good friends of mine. We mostly played old Paramore and Garbage covers but we want to start writing soon. We arrived in and the guys were already warming up.
‘Hola Chicas,’ yelled Kyle, winking at us.
‘Hey boys! What’s up?’ I said laughing.
‘I’ll tell you what’s up! Our boy Darren here finally snatched the girl of his dreams!’ shouted Kyle. ‘Go on, Darren, You tell them.’
‘OOH, Darren! You finally got with Lynn?’ asks Jules.
Darren throws Kyle the filthiest look and takes a breath.
‘No!’ says Darren through gritted teeth. ‘She rejected me today…again.’
Jules and I can’t help but fall into spasms of laughter and Kyle quickly joins in. You probably think this is incredibly mean but to be honest Darren has done everything from a dozen roses to love notes for Lynn and now it was just funny.
‘Ok, Ok,’ says Darren. ‘Can we just practise please!’
We all get up and into our positions and then Kyle yells.
‘ONE, TWO…ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR…..’