Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life

Chapter 8

‘Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same,’ Emily Bronte

I ran out the arrivals gate in Las Vegas and jumped into Brendon's arms. I hadn’t seen him since Christmas which was now two months ago. Just for the record, we are both now seventeen and still happily together. I kissed him passionately and then grinned up at him.
‘Wow Brendon!’ I said laughing. ‘You’re getting to big and buff!’
‘All for you m’dear!’
He picked up my suitcase in one hand and my hand in the other and we walked out to sunny-ish Las Vegas.
We dropped our stuff off at Brendon’s place and I quickly changed into my black and white polka-dot dress, a white cardigan which I had splattered with pink paint, some torn leopard print tights and a pair of my stained high heel boots. I messed up my hair and added some eyeliner.
‘Wow Sass. Perfect as ever,’ he said when he saw me and kissed me on the cheek.
He wanted to take me to some fancy restaurant but I refused.
‘Come on Brendon,’ I said. ‘You know I don’t want some fine dining! I want fish and chips, the greasy kind, and maybe a beer!’ I winked at him.
So we ended up in some hot, pub/club place where we danced the night away. And as I threw my arms around him I realised for about the millionth time how much I loved him and how lucky I was.
When we arrived back at Brendon’s, I was looking forward to spending the night with him all to myself, but as we stumbled through the door we were met by Ryan, Brendon’s best friend, making himself at home with the playstation. I was a little annoyed as I was only in Las Vegas for a few days and wanted Brendon all to myself, but as the boys messed around I realised how much I enjoyed Ryan’s company.
He was the only friend of Brendon’s I had gotten to know really well and we had loads in common. I probally would be attracted to him if I wasn’t so caught up in Brendon. He was pretty unique looking. He wasn’t the type of guy who walks into a room and you say ‘wow, he’s gorgeous’ but when he had lazily strolled into Brendon’s room the first time I saw him with his hands stuck in his jean pockets that clutched to his uber-skinny waist, he had amazed me. When I looked into his perfect brown eyes, I could see so much more to him, so much creativity that I had never seen in another person before. I almost wanted to see it. Of course, this strange feeling began to die down as I realised how much Brendon meant to me and now I know I wouldn’t even through a glance at another guy.
‘Oh Hiya Sarah,’ said Ryan. ‘Forgot you were coming over! Hope you don’t mind me butting in with your boyfriend!’ He punched Brendon playfully.
‘Once it stays on a friendship level ONLY, then I don’t mind,’ I laughed pinching him.
‘Oh hey, I was going to give this to Brendon for you, but since you are here….’ He said pulling over his bag. He pulled out a small, old looking book and handed it to me. I gasped. It was a first edition by my favourite author.
‘I….Oh Ryan,’ I stammered. ‘Where did you get this?’
‘I…well just a bookshop in town,’ he blushed. ‘No biggie, Sarah, seriously I just remembered you saying he was your favourite author so..’
‘Oh Ryan thank you so much,’ I hugged him. All I wanted to do was sit and look at it but I quickly put it carefully away as to not annoy Brendon.
I started the conversation again and everything seemed fine but I could tell Brendon was about pissed off.
Later that night, I got out of bed and read the book for hours. When I came back I cuddled into Brendon so much he sort of woke up. I kissed his shoulder and told him I loved him and only him. He smiled sleepily and fell back to sleep. I stayed hugging him, reassuring him that he was the only guy in my life.