Status: Currently on hold until I Finnish my Ronnie story

Friendly Fire

Another new start?

“Sally, Things just, aren’t the same anymore. But I don’t want it to scare you I want you to come home with me, please sally. Please come home.” He grabbed my hand in his and stared into my eyes.
“I don’t know I’m scared of how they’ll all react...” he sighed
“that’s the thing I need to tell you. Everyone’s changed since you “died” but were still here, still remembering and wanting it to all be a lie, and ill tell the truth, they could be extremely angry, but it will pass, your family, your part of our lives. We missed you, so come back.” His eyes said it all, weather I wanted to or not, I was going back with him, and you know what? It feels amazing to finally have “home” again.
“Ok Travis, ill go, and promise me you’ll protect me.” He smiled and kissed my cheek as our coffees were set down in front of us.
“So...To get the subject off of me, what have you been up to Travis?” I asked him as he stirred his coffee.
“Well, I haven’t been dating much, mostly just been writing and working the odd job here and there. I’m only here in New York because of work.” He smiled at me; I could still see the hurt he felt to say that.
“That’s good, what do you do now?” he smiled a huge smile and looked up at me with a jolt of new life.
“I just realized it sally, that all the things I’ve been doing for the past four years have finally connected themselves, ever since you died, and long before that even..i would write songs about you, about Florida and our lives, and I just wrote more and more as I experienced more emotions, especially this last 4 years, and now after JUST forming the band and coming here to get our label deal, I found you, the reason it all started. Wow I just…never thought...”
“Whoa whoa slow down! Your in a band!?” I gawked, I know immature right? This is supposed to be our dramatic reunion? Me acting like I’m 18 years old again? Wow sally…just wow.
“Yeah, were called We the Kings, and I’m here getting us a label to record our album.” Travis smiled to himself, one of the first genuine smiles I’ve seen out of him since I saw him 2 days ago.
“Wow, this has been your dream since we were kids, I’m so proud of you Travis, truly I am. Do you remember that song you sang to me my junior year, the night of your prom?” he smiled grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the star bucks.
Without saying a word he led me back to his hotel and we immediately got into the elevator.
“Travis what are you-“he cut me off by putting his finger to his lips and stared at the ceiling.
I heard the elevator “ding” to signal we’ve reached our floor, I think….level 3 but that’s not important, he grabbed my hand and guided me into his room, number 37. He made me wait by the door as he ran into the back room. I waited for a good ten minutes before I heard music, and saw him walk out the room holding a guitar and singing the words that made me fall in love him, the words that assured me that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, and I was only 17 then.
“Check yes Juliet are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk. I won’t go, until you come outside…check yes Juliet here’s the countdown 3, 2, 1...” His voice was as amazing as ever, and he knew the song perfectly, he changed a few things about it, but it was still the song that ran through my head everyday.
I started to cry when he stood right in front of me smiling, and whispering the words into my ear. My heart melted, and all I wanted to do was run. But I wasn’t going to let myself, lose Travis Clark all over again. He finished singing and he started to trail kisses down my neck and up the side of my jaw until he lingered over my lips for only a moment before colliding his lips to mine in the most breath taking kiss I have ever had. It felt like we stood locked in that kiss for hours, but was only for a few minutes. When we parted ways Travis just smiled and set down his guitar.
“Wow…” was all I could get to come out of my mouth; he chuckled and placed his hands on my shoulders and rubbed them up and down.
“I’m sorry, I just missed you so much sally, but it’s settled right? Your coming home with me?” I stared into his eyes and smiled.
“Of course I am. There’s nothing I would want more”
I wonder what I’m getting myself into?