3,2,1, Apocolypse

Chapter 1

People passed Abbot by as if he was nothing but a spot on the wall. He didn't usually pay attention to anyone else, although sometimes he did. Today, was one of those days where he wanted, no needed, someone to notice him. His classmates brushed past him, causing him to drop all of his stuff. He rolled his eyes, and bent down to pick up his fallen algebra notes. He noticed another hand start helping him, so he looked up.

He stared into deep green eyes, that looked like they've never seen a bad day. They were almonds, but bigger. Her face was thin, yet round. She smiled at him, making his heart melt. Her hair was let loose around her shoulders. It was raven black, with green tips. He stared into her bright blue eyes, he thought he could see the sky in them, but figured he was just hallucinating. She handed him some of his papers, then stood up.

She held her hand out to him, and he instantly took it, hypnotized by her beauty. He suddenly felt very self-conscious. “Uh, thanks, I guess” He stuttered out, hoping she didn't notice the quiver in his voice.

“Sure thing.” She smiled at his embarrassment. “I'm Tourney.”

“Abbot, is me. I'm Abbot. That's my name.” He mentally kicked himself. Genius, he thought, first time a girl voluntarily talks to me and I can't even tell her my name.

“Abbot? Huh.” She slyly smirked, glancing at the ceiling. “I like it.” Abbot felt like his face was on fire. “Well, Abbot, I'll see you later.” With that, she walked away, and Abbot watched with amazement. He couldn't make his legs move, he was so stunned. He stood there until the late bell rang, and he was snapped out of his daze. He quickly sprinted to algebra.

When he got there, he was late. The teacher practically fell off his chair, for Abbot was never late to class. Abbott shamefully walked to his desk. On his way there, he passed some dark eyes. They almost looked black. Everyone feared those eyes, they were a symbol for pain and destruction. Abbott felt himself cower upon seeing them, and walked faster.

He went through the rest of the class in a daze. All he could think about was the girl he saw. Tourney, she said her name was. She had been the most beautiful girls he had ever seen, talked to, and watched walk away. How could you be so stupid? He thought, why does this always happen to me?

The bell rang, pulling himself out of his thoughts. He moved with the herd, slowly, but surely. As he shuffled out of the classroom, he felt something, or someone, looking at him. Abbott glanced around, not making eye contact with anyone passing by. Nobody was looking at him, but he just knew, that he was being watched.

The rest of the morning seemed like a blur. He couldn't remember anything that he learned, or anything anyone said. The only thing he could remember was feeling like someone was following him, watching him. When he frantically searched through the crowd of students, he only saw one person ever look directly at him. The eyes looked familiar, but he was too far away to tell.

At the end of the last period before lunch, he saw the unusual girl he had talked to earlier that morning. She stopped in front of the doorway, and rested her on eyes on him. He saw those eyes again, the ones filled with the sky, and felt his breath hitch. She was following him. As soon as she saw the suspicion on his face, she turned her head, and dashed away.

“Mr. Harrow?” Abbott raised his hand, ready to rush out of the room. He needed to catch up to Tourney before she got a chance to get away. “Can I go to the bathroom?” The teacher nodded, not really caring about what was going on with his students. Abbott sprinted out of the room, and quickly caught up to the mysterious girl. “Tourney!” He shouted, hoping to get her attention. She turned her head to face him, then looked back and started to run away. Abbott ran faster, but Tourney turned the corner, and when Abbott turned too, she was gone.

Abbott was shell-shocked. Where had she gone? He checked each classroom, but she was no one where to be found. There was no place for her to hide. It had been like she vanished into thin air.
.............

Tourney walked down the hallway, ready to talk to Abbott. She was told exactly what he looked like. Short brown hair, medium build and height. He had big brown puppy dog eyes. He was ignored by his fellow classmates, which led her to the conclusion that he was Abbott. He fell over, and his books scattered all over the place. “Perfect.” She whispered to herself, and rushed over to help him. She leaned down, and picked up a few papers. He looked up at her, and she smiled.

Tourney held out her hand to introduce herself. He took it, and she noted that his hand was clammy and cold.“Uh, thanks, I guess.” He mumbled. She could tell he was stunned by her beauty. She really did not want to be stereotypical, but she assumed that he did not talk to many girls, people even.

“Sure thing.” She noticed his embarrassment. “I'm Tourney.” He looked at her with uncertainty.

“Abbot, is me. I'm Abbot. That's my name.” Tourney smiled at him. She wanted to ease his anxiety, but wasn't sure how.

“Abbot? Huh.” She slyly smirked, glancing at the ceiling. She new that, she had been told. “I like it.” Tourney watched Abbott's face turn into a tomato. “Well, Abbot, I'll see you later.” With those words, she walked away, leaving him to ponder what had happened. She went to her history class, and was excused for being late. She was new, so using the lost reason was easy to do. She sat though the dull class, waiting for her next chance to talk to Abbott. It's not like she didn't know what they were learning, she was there for Pete's sake.

When the period was over, she followed Abbott to his next class, observing his movements and gestures. He looked around, as if he was trying to find someone, but Tourney didn't notice until he was looking right at her. She quickly averted her gaze, and shuffled away to her next class.

She silently watched him all morning, trying to stay unnoticed by him. She had thought her plan was successful.

Tourney went from class to class, thinking about how was going to tell Abbott. He looks so innocent, she mused, how could he be the one?

She was excused from her last class before lunch, saying she had to use the bathroom. Really, she wanted to pass Abbott's class, and watch him. She was fascinated by him, he was so elegant, yet clumsy. He had the presence of a prince, but acted as if he was simply the jester.

She stood in the doorway, but nobody in the class noticed. She looked at Abbott, he was writing furiously in his notebook, with his eyebrows scrunched and one fist clenched. He seemed so into his work, but then he looked up. He noticed Tourney standing in the doorway, and his large brown eyes widened even more. Panic rose in her chest, and she dashed down the hallway. She hoped so bad that Abbott would just let her run, without or without a thought. Her hopes were crushed when she turned her head and saw him tailing her.

“Tourney!” She turned the corner, and saw there was no where to hide. She would eventually have to talk to him, but now didn't seem like the time. She shut her eyes, and wished herself into a near bathroom. She opened her eyes seconds later, and there she was. Standing in an empty bathroom. “Few. Wouldn't want anyone to see me do that.”

She decided that she would tell Abbott everything at lunch. It was right. He needed to learn everything quickly. He needed to know how to fight, how to intimidate, how to be fearless and courageous. Tourney just knew it would take time, but she didn't know how much time they would have. No one did.

She went back to class, and spent the rest of the class thinking about everything Abbott needed to work on. She made a list, figuring she would just have to check it off as he learned each skill. She also wondered why Abbott was chosen, of all people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, please!