In a Perfect World

Part 8.

June 30th.

Image
I walked though the doors of the office in Hollywood records where the label owner, Anthony, resided. On one of the couches sat Cory(whom I was no longer mad at) and a women I did not know.

"Good morning, Kat," Anthony greeted. "Come in and have a seat, why don't you?" I closed the door behind me and walked to the couch Cory was sitting on

"So what did you need me for?" I asked. I knew it had something to do with my up coming tour.

"Well, its' about your tour," Bingo! "And we want you to do a concert tomorrow night around Nine?"

I bit my lip in thought. Nine was a little too late for me, especially since it would end at eleven. But it was better then one that’s started at twelve in the morning.

"That would be your first concert a week or two before your tour started," Anthony explained. "Are you okay with that?"

"Perfectly fine," I said. I looked at Cory who I had expected to be happy but he wasn't. He was frowning and staring at the woman across from him with a glare.

"Oh, by the way, Kat," Anthony broke the awkward silence. "The is Trina. She is you're new publicist while Cory here takes a long," Anthony looked at him sternly, "vacation. Is that alright?"

I looked over at Corey, who looked back at me and nodded. I could see the hurt in his eyes, which saddened and confused me. "Uhm, okay."

Anthony smiled, "Alrighty then. I suggest you go home and get some rest for your concert tomorrow." We all stood up and I shook hand with both Trina and Anthony. "Have a nice day, Kat."

"You too," I said and walked out of the office with Corey. I stopped and looked at him with my arms crossed. "Okay, what's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Corey faked confused and tried to continue walked, but I stopped him.

"Why are you taking a long vacation?"

"It's complicated, Kat. I'm just having some problems at home" he tried explaining, but I wasn't buying it.

"Fine, Corey. Come and get me when your ready to tell me," I said, rolling my eyes and walking to the car Jesse was waiting for me in.

"Is everything okay?" Jesse asked, noticing my anger. I just sighed and leaned against the window. Jesse didn't press any further. I would tell him when I got home.

- - - - - - - - - -

"I told you it would happen. I told you he would end up doing something like that and break your heart."

"Shut up, Jesse. I don't need shit form you."

"Hey! Don't cuss at me, I was only saying!"

"Well for once can you stop being such a smartass?! I hate you!"

Bright lights blinded my vision. The screeching of sirens filled my ears. And the look of fear and sadness on Jesse's face was all I remembered before it went blank.


"JESSE!!"

- - - - - - - - - -

July 1st.

The concert hall was filled with kids ranging from 10 to 16. I stood backstage, fidgeting nervously. My mind wasn't on the concert, but on my dream from last night.

"It's okay, Kat," I tried telling myself while I played with my belt. "Everything is alright. Jesse is fine. He's alive and well. Nothing happened to him."

"Five minutes," My producer told me. It felt like my stomach was filled with butterflies on a rollercoaster. Five minutes felt like forever but I finally ended up on stage singing.

It was all fine and the line up of songs I was to sing was perfect. I had the crowd cheering and singing along with me. But then it happened.

During my second to last song, You Don't Have To Let Go, the lights came down and hit my eyes, and suddenly my mind flashed back to my dream. The bright lights, the sirens. But I shook it off and continued.

It took me a minute to realize I had tears silently rolling down my cheeks, but the crowd didn't seem to notice. If they did, I'm sure they would understand. It was a pretty emotional song that I wrote for Jesse when I was supposed to go on my first tour.

The dream kept replaying in my head and I started stumbling over some of the words. That dream was just taking over! Finally the concert ended and I thanked my fans before running off stage in tears.

I'd never thought I'd see the day where a dream would be the downfall of one of my concerts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello (:
Did u like this chapter? If you did, please comment? I would fully appreciate that. Especially my subscribers (:

This chapter is dedicated to: Cubanita (: She is amazing! You guys should totally go check out her story I'm By Your Side.
It's amaaazing (: