Miles&Josephine

I WOULD DROWN MY SORROWS FOR YOU.

CHAPTER 1. I WOULD DROWN MY SORROWS FOR YOU.

“…she’s just a child for gods sake. She cant be having thoughts like these.”
“Yes, yes. We understand that. But Josephine has been fighting depression for a while now, it was only a matter of-”
“NO! I’m sorry but it was never this bad. The doctor said it was only Minor. If it was this bad, she would be in here a long time ago I can tell you that.”
“Mrs. Thompson…we’re sorry for inconvenience, but she’s going to have to stay here for a while. This hospital specializes in satiations like these.”
“THIS HOSPITAL IS COMPLETELY……completely…”
“Mrs. Thompson this place is more than a hospital. We specialize in helping the youth.”
“its her 18th birthday soon for gods sake, I don’t want her celebrating it here!”
“Mrs. Thompson please calm your voice.”

Josephine hears her mothers upset voice, talking to someone. Her eyes stay shut, as the only thing she can see is white! Every noise is a blur to her. Fading in and out her mothers voice continues, while machinery beeps and buzzes, the sounds ring through her ears. Suddenly all her surrounding noise become softer and softer, fading out. Everything is black.

“…I DON’T WANT HER CELEBRATING IT…
I LOVE YOU.
JOSEPHINE…WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
STOP.
MAKE IT STOP…MUM MAKE IT STOP.
DAVE GET THE FIRST AID, JOSEPHINE WONT WAKE UP.
CALL FOR HELP.
ITS GOING TO BE OK JOSEPHINE.
CAN YOU HEAR ME MISS THOMPSON?
…WE’RE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENICENE.
SHES STAYING HERE.
SHES ONLY A CHILD.
HELP!!!
IT HURTS.
JOSEPHINE. JOSEPHINE. JOSEPHINE.
SOFT OF EYE, LIGHT OF TOUCH. SPEAK LITTLE, LISTEN MUCH.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?”

Flash backs of the last three days shutter through Josephine’s mind. The tears of her mother. The antics of Doctors pawing at her arms, with needles, and IV drips. The cries of patients. The screams coming from children’s nightmares. And the constant beeps of medical machinery.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.
The only thing Josephine hears. The sound becoming, louder and louder. Her eyes twitch while there shut. Until she forces them open. The only thing in view is white. Suddenly the blur of a cream coloured ceiling and bright cylinder lights starring back down on Josephine. Josephine pushes her body up, a tiny bit. Just to see better. Her legs covered by a woolen pink blanket. Her view disturbed with a blur. She closes her eyes, bowing her head to her lap. She slowly opens them, trying again. Her vision seems to become clear. She twist her head up, starring across the Hospital room. Seeing her Mother. Tears building up in her eyes. Talking to a nurse.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.
Josephine groans silently, a piece of hair falls into her view. She starts to bring her arm up to her face, suddenly a sharp pain shoots through her arm.
Josephine groans in pain, and keeps her arms down. She looks down at both her arms wresting over the pink blanket, keeping her legs warm. A shiver shoots up her back, as she notices the bandages covering her wrists, and as she realizes what the bandages are for.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.
She suddenly sees her mother turn towards her. She shuts her eyes, tight, resting her head against her left shoulder, starting to breath heavily. She can feel her mothers eyes staring upon her.

“ILL BE IN THE CAFTERIA DOWNSTAIRS. TELL ME WHEN SHE WAKES UP.” Josephine’s mother snaps. She hears her footsteps fade out of the large room.
Josephine’s eyes open slowly. She peers over at the nurse making her way out of the room. She pushes her body up, with her elbows. Laying her back against the bed. She looks around the large room. It looked more comforting than a hospital. Rectangle toy boxes sit at the end of two beds, across the room. Her eyes look at the beds, covered in colorful sheets. With Toys, balloons and shiny wrapped gifts covering around both beds. Two kids, sleeping. Her eyes travel along side the room, at the very pale green painted walls, with some movie posters tacked onto it. She saw a large window. With a cushion rectangle seat along it. Darkness kept Josephine from being able to see outside. Her eyes peer at everything. Looking around her own bed. She looks up and sees a medium sized TV in front of her. She looks at the wooden bed side tables on each side of her hospital bed. She looked down at herself, noticing the white
T-shirt, with a Power Rangers print on it, she could feel it was large on her. It must of come up to the tops of her thighs.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.
She sees herself surrounded in hospital machinery and the tubes stuck in her arms.
Suddenly the beeps become louder, faster and more urgent than usual. Her heart rate starts to fasten as she looks around herself trying to find the problem. Suddenly three nurses run in the hospital room. She stares at them as the fastness becomes a blur.
The three nurses run right past her. In a blur. The urgent beeps become blurs two. Everything in her world slows down. She looks to her right at the other hospital bed. As the nurses franticly claw at the patient. Suddenly she gets a glimpse at the unconscious boy. He must have been about 17 maybe turning 18. With dark, almost black short, messy hair. His lips, stay open, and his eyes stay shut. The redness under his eye-lids, and the his pale face, so soft and quiet. Suddenly a tall man, stands right in front of him. He was wearing a white coat and looks behind his shoulder at Josephine, holding a blue clip boar, in one hand, and a pen in the other. He gives Josephine a small smile and turns his attention towards the boy. The constant beeping and chatter of the nurses continues ringing in Josephine’s ear, everything still a blur. The doctor moves away from the patient. Allowing Josephine to see his beautiful face. She starts to panic the panicking from the nurses and machines adding to her anxiety. Suddenly the boys eyes, flash open. In a second Josephine moves closer to the side of her hospital bed. The bars around it keeping Josephine from running up to him. As they stare at each other for what seemed like hours. The curtain violently shuts, right in front of their faces. Snapping Josephine back to reality. She slumps back in the bed. Everything slowing down, blurring more. As she sees the hospital bed swing out of the curtains and gets wheeled out the room. She suddenly sees his face again, starring in her eyes. He gives her a sad smile. Her heart beat races more. And everything is black.
The only thing in Josephine’s mind, was her dream.

Josephine is running fast through a maze. Crying, trying to scream for help. But nothing. No sound what-so-ever. Her tears running down her face, violently. She runs through the maze, her body bashing against the sides. The tears keep running down her face, making a puddle under her feet. The puddle becomes deeper, and deeper, and deeper. Suddenly she’s drowning in her tears. The water builds up she cant breath, she cant scream for help she cant stop crying. Her eyes focus in front of her. And there he is. Right in front of her. His smile, his eyes, his lips, his beauty. He stands there he holds out a hand for her. She tries to take it, her arm cant reach his hand, she paws at his hand, but nothing. He starts to fade away. Fading away to nothing.

Suddenly her eyes open, fast. The bright lights blinding her. And the only thing she can hear its little voices, and of course…beeps.
“what’s wrong with her?” a small voice asks.
“I dunno? She’s freaky looking.” another giggles.
Both children voices. She can hear their American…like everyone else in here.
“I think she’s pretty.” one replies.
Her eyes finally adjust, on her surroundings. As she looks down at her, side, she sees two smiling faces. A little girl, with curly blonde hair. must have been only 4 years-old. A huge grin across her face, while she sucks on her thumb. Squeezing a brown teddy-bear under her left arm. Standing next to her was a young boy, he looked about 6 years-old. With bushy brown hair. Both grinning up at her. In there colorful, Pajamas. She stares blankly at them. She notices she’s still in her power rangers
T-shirt.
“hello.” the little girl says, following with a big giggle.
“you want Breakfast?” the boy stutters. They both look over at there two beds. Across the room. At the bedside tables covered in breakfast foods.
“N-no thank you.” Josephine managed to say. It felt like the first time she had spoken. Her eyes settle on the empty bed next to hers. And to her own bedside table, starring at the alarm clock. Reading 8:06am.
“If-If-If you want some you j-j-just ask the nurse.” he says waving his small arms in the air. His little croaky voice stuttering to her.
“Is that your Mommy?” The little girl, asks. Josephine noticed Jam smudged across her cheek.
Josephine looked on her other side at her mother sleeping in a couch. She looked back at the two children.
She didn’t want to talk anymore. But she didn’t want to sleep anymore.
“why are you here.” the boy asks.
Josephine couldn’t help but remembering back. Her mother hugging her on the floor. As she cried in pain.
“I don’t know…” Josephine mumbled.

Suddenly arms covered her, and her head was resting against her mothers warm neck.
And the two kids were gone.
“Baby your awake, are you ok?” her mother asked.
Josephine didn’t answer. Her mother stared at her. Both hands held tightly against the metal bars, across the bed.
“Mum.” was the only thing she could say.
“I’m so happy your ok.”
“Where’s dad?” Josephine croaked.
“He was here for a couple of days, but he had to leave. So did I. But I stayed.” she sighed.
“California?”
“Yes sweetie.”
“mmmmmmm.” Josephine managed to mumble, as she tries to push her body towards her mother more. “You should go back to work.”
“That’s all the way in Brooklyn dear. I need to be in New York City with you.”
Josephine didn’t want to be with her mum.
“Mum…I-I’m fine. I cant be around people.” Josephine talked as little as she could try. It was too hard.
Josephine’s mother was confused.
“Please mum.”
She brushed Josephine’s fringe away from her eyes. Starring in her eyes.
“Please.”
“I’ll see.” she replied. Kissing her forehead. That was the last thing she said to Josephine, before she left for Brooklyn that night.
Josephine’s third day in here went surpassingly fast. She didn’t eat, she didn’t sleep, she didn’t even think. She just watched various shows. Trying to keep her mind occupied, when the only thing she could think of was that boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who Does'nt Like A Good Bit Of POWER RANGER POWER? Uhhhh....NO ONE THATS WHO.

Hope You Like It Guys =)