Miles&Josephine

Josie?

CHAPTER 4. Josie?

I never slept. I couldn’t think of sleeping. Not only was my pain, and memories booming through my head. I was constantly thinking of Miles. I wanted to be with him! I needed to be with him!

From what Josephine had seen of this hospital, it didn’t resemble a hospital at all. It was built to look like a extremely large house. Most of the rooms and hallways were carpeted and made from wood. Rooms where warming, and welcoming.
It wasn’t much of a hospital at all.

Josephine spent half her night, reminiscing about the birthday party. She knew there was no point in faking a sleep. Her feet touched the floor. She still hadn’t had her IV drips placed back in her arms, so she was able to walk with out anything pulling her back. As she made her way to the door, she looked back at the clock reading 2.44am. She had finally changed into some different bed wear. Wearing a nautical nighty. With baby blue and white stripes down it, Josephine felt extremely uncomfortable wearing it, although it was in its self a comfortable piece of clothing, Josephine knew it didn’t match anything about her.
Josephine made her way down the large main hallway, it was basically pitch black and silent, at some parts Josephine would over hear anonymous noises from TV, and blinking lights would travel through the hallway.

Josephine finally reached the end of the hallway, noticing a spiraling stair way leading down stairs. She gripped onto the wooden, railing tight. And gracefully made her way down, taking every step with thought.
She had finally reached the bottom, as her feet hit the cold tiled floor, she looked around, staring face first into a extremely large kitchen. She noticed the a small dim light coming from the corner, as she walked towards the light, it almost hypnotizing her, she saw Miles. Her face instantly lit up!
“Hello.” her voice was weak.
Miles looked up, as he sat on a stool, pushed into the kitchen bench. He held the a mug of coffee. As his eyes strained to see a head, he saw Josephine, his face smiling at her.
“Hi!” he laughed silently. “What are you doing here?”
“I don’t know. I-I cant sleep.”
Miles pulled anther stool next to him out for her, patting down on the cushion.
Josephine briskly walked to the stool.

Miles was chewing through peanut butter and jelly, before he spoke to her.
“want something to eat.”
Josephine shook her head.
“what are you doing here?” she whispered.
Miles laughed under his breath, like the answer was suppose to be obvious to her. Her large eyes peered up to his. Miles had a large smirk on his face. He let out another laugh under his breath before he answered. “I cant sleep.”
Josephine bit he bottom lip, a smile emerging from her lips. Josephine let out a big sigh.
“why don’t you eat?” Miles asked, as he wiped his hands on his striped PJ. Pants, Josephine started to stare at the print on Miles T-shirt, before she snapped to reality and looked back up at Miles.
“Uhm…I don’t feel very hungry.”
“But you never eat?”
Josephine laughed under her breath this time, making out like Miles was the one asking absurd questions.
“I really don’t know, you can make me some food if you really want to?”
Miles bounced off the stool walking to one of the cupboards, Josephine stared at him intently, Josephine then pushed her body up on the kitchen bench so she could sit there for a bit. Miles pulled out a cereal box, pouring crispy flakes into the white bowl, he stared over his shoulder at Josephine.
“I like your Nighty.” he laughed a bit, before he turned his head back to the cereal, grabbing a pitcher full of milk and drowning the beige coloured cereal.

Through out the night, Josephine and Miles, ate cereal, and talked. Miles sat in the stool facing Josephine up on the kitchen bench. They talked about life, and their parents, and where they came from. Josephine found out so much about Miles. Like the fact that he is from London, he lives in New York though with his grandparents, in the south side, the reason he is here, is his grandparents couldn’t take care of him…or just didn’t want to. But after he finishes here he has to go back home to the UK, the fact that Miles would leave soon enough made Josephine cringe. It wasn’t until, 4am that Josephine and Miles got busted. The chef walked in to start making breakfast, turning the light on, Josephine and Miles cringe away, shutting there eyes quickly. “What are you guys doing in here?” she asked, as she walks over to the stove. “Hey Lisa, uh…this is Josephine.”
“Hello there dear. But you guys better get out of the kitchen now, Jason will come down soon, and he doesn’t like you hooligans messing up his cooking.”
Miles shoved his had to his mouth, trying not to laugh. Miles slumps off the stool, while Josephine slides off the bench. Josephine made her way out of the kitchen, quite as ever, Miles stood behind her leading the way, with his hand on her back.

They made there way up the stairs, and said goodbye, outside of Josephine’s room. Miles turned to leave, but Josephine’s hand leaped out in front of her, grabbing his.
“WAIT!” she yelped. Miles turned his body around, staring at her. “uhm…thanks for making me food.” she smiled. Miles just laughed. “NO…uhm where’s your room?”
“down the hall.” Miles pointed down to the end of the long hallway. “I am moving back in there though.”
“here?” Josephine asked.
“yes.” Miles laughed. Miles walked closer to Josephine. Josephine never took her eyes off him. Before she knew it she felt his warm lips kissing her cheek.
“By Josie.” he said as he walked down the hallway.
It irritated Josephine when people called her Josie, and no one ever did. But she didn’t seem to care, when it was Miles. She knew there was something special about Miles.

Josephine woke up to Elizabeth and two other nurses unpacking suitcases in the bed next to hers. Josephine’s head ached. As her eyes blurred and watered she cocked her head to the side reading her alarm clock as 12.36. Mumbling a swear word under her breath. She pulled her body under her blankets, she started to breath heavily under the woolen sheets. Josephine suddenly heard a cough coming outside. She flipped the sheets over her, and peered up at Elizabeth.
“Do you realize you have slept half the day away?”
“I have?” Josephine stretched her body, yawning with the biggest smile.
“hmmm.” Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Elizabeth leaned down to Josephine “Have fun last night?” Elizabeth whispered before she left the room.
Josephine looked around the room, seeing that it was now deserted, she took advantage of this, and started to get changed. she pulled her Nighty off, extremely slowly, making sure her arms stayed down. She opened the wooden cupboard, standing before it in her Bra and underwear, she pulled a white lacy dress off the hanger, shutting the door, and sitting up in the bed again.
It was in the middle of Autumn, but the Hospital kept pretty warm. Josephine was able to walk around in dresses, mostly because it was too hard to put anything else on. Josephine managed to place the bracelets back over her bandages, and stood off the bed, the thin white dress, dropping to her sides, just covering the tops of her knees. She pushed her head down at far as it could go, and slowly reached up, pawing at her long wavy brown hair, Josephine was able to use a bracelet with black crystal beads threaded onto some elastic to tie her long hair, into a messy side pony-tail. Her messy side fringe waved down, while some thick strands fell to the sides. She slowly made her way out of the room, into the hallway, she turned left, and walked at a normal speed, she wasn’t sure where she should go, she contemplated going into the kitchen, hoping that she would bump into Miles. She walked past the small playroom, where she sat yesterday getting dolled up by Elizabeth.
“Josephine?” Miles voice was sweeter than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
A Small Kitchen Slumber Party.

Haha

Hope You Like It.

xx