Forbidden Mirror

Chpt 3

"She is very very cute."he laid on my bed and said very warmly.I had never seen him this happy."Whenever she smiles or cries,it just makes me feel like hugging her."He did not even know the way he was grinning while talking about her.I smiled too.I could not go to school,for i was sick since i was born unlike Austin.Listening to his everyday stories and the girl he likes,it kinda feels like he was living my life out for me."I can't wait to see her tomorrow..."But i do feel abit irritated,i wish my body was fit like him,he gets to do everything he and i want to.From going to school,playing and... falling in love.I wanted to see the type of girl Austin falls in love with.Would i like her too?
"How i wish i could see what kind of girl she is."I said to him hoarsely.He immediately sat up,"No you can't."I was surprised.
"If you saw her,you would fall in love with her too."


I walked along the corridor,with Megan and her chattering.My mind was wandering somewhere else,i did not even have the appetite to eat breakfast before i went out.How was i suppose to face Miller?How was i suppose to face the world,now that i know i was a murderer who was not rightfully punished?This was all too sudden.I should have stayed home when my mother told me to,but,another part of me wanted to see Miller too.
"-irley?S-H-I-R-L-E-Y."Megan's voice rang beside my ear."Huh?"I turned to her,awake from my thoughts."Did you hear me?"Megan said,relieved that i finally heard her."Are you alright?"A male's voice.Miller?I diverted my vision and saw him.Not Miller,it was Hyde*."Yes,i'm fine."I assured him,with a pang of disappointment."Ethan was greeting us and i can't believe you were spacing out."Megan said with slight irritation."No,it's ok.What's important is that Shirley's ok."Hyde beamed."If there's nothing wrong,i'll see you both at the club."He waved and walked away,smiling at me one last time."What's wrong with you?Are you sick?"Megan sighed and touched my forehead."No,i'm not."I brushed her hand off and chuckled."Lucky for you,Ethan is a forgiving man~"She said dreamily.I shook my head and pulled her,"C'mon,we're going to be late."

I stood infront of the classroom door with hope that Miller did not come but when i opened the door,our eyes met.I quickly looked away,god,was i going to cry again?This morning it took a while for my eyes to look normal.But when i turned my sight back to him,he was no longer looking at me.I breathed in deeply and settled in my seat beside him.This time,i tried to occupy myself by paying attention to the lesson and never looked his way once.I was not prepared to be confronted by my victim's family yet.However it felt like every minute he was scrutinising me,checking out what sort of monster that had killed his brother.The bell rang before i knew it,i never knew i was so glad to finally escape this plain classroom.But things just would not go the way i wanted."I want to talk to you."He grabbed my arm and pulled me out."W-wait-"I was confused and did not know how to react."Shirley!Are we going home together?"Megan shouted to me,seeing that i was being kidnapped."Sorry but i would like to borrow your friend."Miller responded to Megan in my stead.I can see at the corner of my eye that Megan was grinning and having weird ideas about the situation.

I was led to the roof,and he finally let go of my hand.He went to the fence,leaving a distance between us.He turned around and looked at me intently.I was not sure of what to do,was i exposed already?Maybe now that he found me,he was going to attempt some miserable torture to me.Just like 8 years ago...I turned my back towards him,if i keep looking at him,i...would recall.
"You wouldn't spread what i told you yesterday,would you?"that's the first thing he said.
"It's your privacy,isn't it?It wasn't meant for me to tell people about it."
He sighed."Well,i definitely wouldn't want people to be gossiping about it."there was a silence for a while."He loved her so much..."he muttered under his breath.He loved her?If i thought about it, it did not make sense,Austin was always bullying me,but Miller said he loved me...what was going on?And where was Miller at that time?I wanted so much to blurt these all out.I turned back to face him.This time his back was to me and he was gazing at the sky.When i looked at his broad shoulders and back,they seemed so strong but they looked weak at the same time.This was the first time i felt guilt since i killed him,wasn't it?
"Why...did she kill him if he loved her?"the words came out before i knew what i was saying.I covered my mouth.Should i have asked?
He moved and started walking towards me."That was one thing i wanted to know too."
I stared at him.Was he asking me to reply?So he really did know already?No,I'm scared.
Then he halted."But..."he started,"when i heard him talk about her sometimes..."He gazed at me with eyes that entranced me.
"I knew he was bullying her but he himself did not know that."He laughed but weakly,"I guess this is what they say when young boys bully the girl they like,right?"He lowered his head and covered his face.
"That girl probably hated him for it."He now looked at me with eyes of hatred.
"But she still couldn't have killed him."

I stood rooted to the ground for the whole time,not knowing what to say.What was he wanting from me?What can i do about it?I did not know that Austin liked me,or even loved me.I wanted to cry,i could not take it anymore.God,you are punishing me now right?I fell on my knees and wailed.Miller was stunned,and froze for a few seconds.Please stop crying,i beg of you,not infront of him.Then i felt his arms embracing me,he hugged me close to his chest.I snuggled and poured out all my tears that i had been holding back since morning.
"See,you are crying over my brother that fell in love with such a cruel girl,right?"his low voice said in my ear.I opened my eyes,tears still streaming down.
I'm the cruel girl.

*in chpt 1 i forgot to mention that Ethan's fullname is Ethan Hyde.And why Shirley calls him by his last name is because she wanted to show their difference in grade,kinda like for manners.But her calling Andrew by his last name is another story. :D
♠ ♠ ♠
comment pls~>.<