I Can't Do It Alone

I Can't Wait

Tia had been staying at Brooklyn and Jocelyn’s apartment for the last four days, and she was surprised that she hadn’t received any gifts or letters from her stalker in those days. She thought that maybe he hadn’t figured out that she was staying with them, and she was concerned to go back to Kris’s because she was afraid that there would be a pile of letters in front of his door.

But, she wasn’t concerning herself with that just yet. Today, she, Brooklyn, and Jocelyn were all going shopping, and Tia refused to let herself think about the stalker. “You two ready to go?” Jocelyn asked, walking out into the living room with her purse in hand.

“Yeah,” Brooklyn and Tia said at the same time, as the two both stood up and walked towards the door.

“So, is there anything specific that we’re looking for today, or are we just doing some impulse shopping?” Tia asked as they drove to the mall.

“I actually need to find some things to help me when I’m moving,” Jocelyn told them.

“What?” Brooklyn exclaimed. “You’re moving?”

“You took the job?” Tia asked as Jocelyn parked the car and all three got out and walked into Macy’s.

Jocelyn nodded her head. “Yeah,” she told them. “I figured I shouldn’t stay here for a boyfriend who doesn’t care about our relationship. I mean, it’s obvious that Sid doesn’t care about us anymore, and I’m not going to wait around here to give him time to figure it all out. I’d end up resenting him, and I don’t want to do that.”

“That makes sense,” Tia admitted. “I just wish you two would work things out before you left. When do you leave, anyways?” she asked.

“Three days after that charity event for the Pens,” she answered, looking at the luggage, comparing prices.

“What charity event?” Tia asked, confused, having no idea what she was talking about.

“You know,” Brooklyn said. “The one that’s raising money for Make A Wish? Where all the guys are forced to bring a date and dance.” Tia still looked at them with a confused expression. “Didn’t Tanger ask you already?” Brooklyn asked.

“No,” Tia said, shaking her head. “He hasn’t mentioned anything about something for Make A Wish,” Tia told them.

“He probably just forgot,” Jocelyn told her. “You know how he is. Plus, with everything that’s been going on with the…you know, he probably just forgot to ask you,” she said, not wanting to remind Tia of the stalker situation that was going on.

“Yeah, come on, we all know that he’s planning on going with you. His mind’s been a bit preoccupied lately, though,” Brooklyn agreed.

“You guys are right,” Tia agreed. “But, I am so going to be giving him a hard time later,” Tia laughed as they walked past the baby clothes. “Ooh, we have to look at this!” she exclaimed, running over to the clothes. Brooklyn and Jocelyn followed her, both laughing. “So, have you talked to Max lately?” Tia asked cautiously, knowing it wasn’t going to be a pleasant topic.

“What? Since he accused me of getting pregnant to trap him and then proceeded to tell me there was no way he was going to marry me?” Brooklyn asked bitterly. “No, I haven’t talked to him lately,” she replied.

“Have you tried?” Tia asked.

“Yeah, actually I have,” Brooklyn said, nodding her head. “I called him to tell him that I needed to schedule my first appointment with my obstetrician, but he didn’t pick up his phone. So, I left him a message telling him to get back to me, but he never did call me back,” she said sadly.

“Max is an idiot,” Tia muttered, while Brooklyn and Jocelyn laughed at her. “When’s your appointment, or did you already have it?” Tia asked.

“It was Monday,” Brooklyn replied.

“I could have gone with you. I feel like a terrible friend for not even knowing that you went!” Tia cried.

“Tia!” Brooklyn exclaimed. “You’ve got more important things going on than my appointments!” she told her. “But, you can come with me for my next one, if you’d like.”

“I’m hoping that you and Max will have worked things out by then,” Tia told her, holding up a green one-piece with a frog on the front. “How do you like this? I mean, since you don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, you could go with something green, right?” she asked.

“Yes to the one-piece. No to me and Max working things out,” Brooklyn said.

“What are you talking about? You and Max have to work things out,” Tia told her.

“Okay, have you talked to Max? He doesn’t want to work things out. He wants to blame me for getting pregnant, and honestly, I don’t even know if he wants to be a part of the baby’s life. And, if he doesn’t I’m all ready to be a single mother.”

“Brook, you are not going to be a single mother! Max will be there for you and the baby if I have to threaten to break his kneecaps,” Tia promised.

“Thanks, Tia,” Brooklyn said, a small smile on her face.

***

“Hey, Tia,” Kris picked up his phone, a smile on his face. “How was your day?” he asked.

“Good. Jocelyn, Brooklyn, and I went shopping,” she told him. “And, I did learn of something interesting,” she added.

“What’s that?” Kris asked her curiously.

“I hear there’s some charity event coming up that the Penguins are doing for Make A Wish,” she told him.

“Tia,” Kris began.

“Hmm?” Tia asked.

“I’m sorry,” Kris apologized. “I completely forgot about it and about asking you. It’s on the 23rd. Will you go with me?” he asked.

“Sorry,” Tia told him. “I’m going with Geno,” she said seriously. “You were just too slow about asking me.”

“What?” Kris asked.

“You’ll have to talk to Geno and see if he’s okay if I go with you,” Tia said.

“I’m glad to hear you joking,” Kris told her, really happy that she wasn’t upset with the stalker situation at the moment. “And, just so you know, I’d fight Geno for you.”

“Aw, thanks,” Tia told him. “And, yes, I will go with you.”

“Good,” he told her. “But, just so you know, you have to dress fancy, and we’ll have to dance there,” he informed her.

“I get to see you dance?” she questioned. “I can’t wait for this!” she said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can expect another chapter tomorrow if the Pens win tomorrow night =)

Thoughts on the chapter?