Jumper

Relax

A week had passed, and I hadn't heard from Ryan. He really worried me. I kept looking through the newspapers to see if I could find anything on him. I had no such luck.

"Katie."

I looked up from the newspaper I was currently skimming to see Tom sitting next to me on the couch.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Give it a rest," he said.

"Huh?" I said. He nodded his head at the newspaper.

"This guy," he said. "He's not your problem anymore. Unless you get a call on the suicide phone, don't worry about it."

"I can't help it," I said. "You didn't see him. He just-- He worries me."

"You're worrying me," Tom said. "You're driving yourself crazy. Whenever you're not working you're searching through the newspapers. You need to relax."

I looked down at the paper in my lap. He was right. I needed to relax. I was doing too much. I closed the newspaper and set it on the coffee table in front of me. I leaned back and sighed. I looked over at Tom who was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"I was right," he said. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "Admit it."

I sighed, before looking at him, smiling as well.

"You were right," I said. He leaned forward.

"Thank you," he said, before kissing me gently. I smiled sleepily at him as he moved away. "Tired?"

"Yeah," I said, yawning. "I didn't even realize it till now."

"See what I was talking about," he said.

"Whatever," I said. I stood up. "I'm going to bed."

"Good night," Tom said.

"Night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy filler--sorry. :/
Comments?
~Sally