Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

one.

“Can’t read my, can’t read my, no he can’t read my poker face, poker face.” I groaned; Rian had been messing with my phone again.

“Rian Dawson, you’re a dead man.”

“Love you too, Ashleigh.”

I grinned, “You guys wanna come over?”

“Nah, we’re in the middle of practice. Come over here!”

The ‘practice’ that Rian was referring to was my four best friends’ band practice. “I’ll be right over!” I said, grabbed my keys, and raced outside. The warm breeze danced on my skin and through my hair. I got in my car and drove over to Jack’s, which was where the guys held practice.

Alex Gaskarth, Rian Dawson, Jack Barakat, and Zack Merrick are the greatest guys I have ever met. When I first moved to Lutherville Timonium, Maryland I had no friends, obviously, from being ‘the new girl’. A few girls had introduced themselves and made nice but we’d never became that close due to me being completely un-girly. I absolutely loathe shopping, gossip, and all that shit. I should’ve been born a boy; my genetics are definitely fucked up. I love being reckless, messy, and immature, your stereotypical male. That’s why Merrick, Gaskarth, Barakat, and Dawson are my best friends.

I was walking home for winter break my eighth grade year when I was hit in the back of the head with a snowball.

“What the hell?” I yelled, turning to see two extremely skinny boys, the brunette of the two looking sheepish.

“Sorry, I was aiming for him,” the dark-haired kid said referring to his short, sandy-brown-haired friend.

That was Jack and Rian.

“I’ll teach you good aim,” I challenged, scooping up a pile of snow and chucking it at Jack’s face.

“Aughh!” he groaned, snow getting caught in his hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Rian and I laughed, “I’m Rian, with an ‘I’, and that’s Jack. You’re the new girl, right?”

I giggled, “Yeah, I’m Ashleigh. With a ‘L-E-I-G-H’.” I smirked.

He laughed, “Okay, Ashleigh-with-a-L-E-I-G-H, wanna come over and play Playstation me, Jack, and two of our friends? If you’re into that.”

I smiled widely, “be prepared to get your asses kicked.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe ?