‹ Prequel: August
Status: It's back! Active, but possibly slow updates depending on how inspired I feel.

Dear August

Frighten Me October, the 3rd

It's up to me to determine how October is going to go.

It was a bit of a rush, but luckily I was scheduled to work before Friday. I figured if I was buying a suit for Keltie’s homecoming I mind as well buy it so I could wear it to the November dance. Although, I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to go to that. It was a ways away, but I didn’t know when I’d have the time or money to buy something.

Keltie told me that her dress was a baby blue, which frankly, is a really ugly color. She wouldn’t let me see it either, she wanted it to be a surprise like it was her wedding dress or something. I ended up picking out a jacket and burgundy shirt because I knew Brendon said he liked me in that color. I guess I wasn’t sure if I was going to the November dance unless he came with me.

I packed all of my dress clothes up for the dance on Saturday and then packed a duffle for tonight. When I arrived the stands were packed. The band was playing pep band songs and I already felt awkward. I told myself if I couldn’t find Jon and his girlfriend I’d just text them, there was nothing to worry about. Little did I know that they ditched the game to hang out at Jon’s house since his parents had gone out. Everybody always seemed to ditch me for their girlfriends, it’s not like I’d ever done it to them.

Then again... Brendon and I had only officially dated for like a week, but even so I’m sure he’d would have been fine hanging out with everyone....

After texting them and getting an annoyed response I found a seat somewhat separated from the school’s painted and dressed up cheering section. The national anthem was played and then came the cheerleaders running out with a giant sign. I watched hoping one of them would get tackled by a football player when they broke through the sign. Nothing happened.

The game started and I think I must be a bad omen because they were loosing badly. The girls on cheer-team began trying to pep the crowd up. There were pyramids, flips, and pompons ever where. When they finished Keltie finally found me in the crowd and waved. She walked over to her friend and whispered something, pointed to me, and winked. I rolled my eyes, smiled, and gave a wave because well, I didn’t want to look like an idiot waving and going nuts. Only one person could look that cute doing that.

Keltie’s friend’s mouth was agape and she hit Keltie’s shoulder. I still don’t understand how a guy like me can be viewed as a prize. I think I’m homely and the only reason August turned out adorably is because of the other half of genetics.

“Can we sit here young man?” An older couple asked. I nodded and scooted over, again Keltie and her friends went nuts.

The crowd gave an ‘aw’ and the girls and I turned out attention back to the game. the home team’s most valuable player was down. The stadium was quiet and when he got up the cheerleaders started another cheer. This time Keltie’s gaze never left me and her smile was bigger and genuine. It made me uncomfortable, but I figured it was he trick of focusing on someone in the audience.

When the halftime show started I went to the bathroom after 30 seconds because it was just too much bad music, too loudly, with too much bad dancing. I knew she’d ask me about it later and I knew I couldn’t lie to her. I knew if I went to the bathroom it wouldn’t be a lie that I didn’t catch it.

I used to be innocent, but now days I know so much more. I know the moves, signals, and words to use. Back then it would have done me good to know better.

Go ahead, October.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the way I thought this one up was looking at Ryan Ross's 21st birthday pictures when Keltie comes out dancing for him. He didn't look that into it, in fact in some pictures he's checking out Gabe Saporta... anyways I hope you're not dead out there, I know it isn't as interesting to you all because a) it doesn't involve Brendon half the time b)you know Brendon's dead and c) Ryan's an introverted character unlike Brendon....plus that whole band break up and Brendon's engagement... Yeah ok, well anyways, let me know you're alive out there.

~Holland Darling