What We Are

Car Crash Hearts

I am late. I am so fucking late. I'm going to get fired and not be able to live in my house anymore. Oh my god, I'm going to end up a hobo! I can't live like that.

As of right now I am 10 minutes late to my job. I currently work as a nurse at the one of the many hospitals in Atlanta.

My day seriously couldn't get any worse, but of course I spoke too soon. Out of the blue, a random car swerved and smashed right into the front end of my car, a head on collision.

First thing I did was to make sure that I had all my body pieces in tact. Check. Then I made sure that I didn't have any severe bleeding. Check. Lastly I looked at the car that was in front of me, most likely a drunk driver. Check.

A short man stepped out of the car that had crashed into mine. The only thing that could be heard coming out of his mouth was cuss words. Great, I was stuck with a drunk and delusional man.

He seemed to be able to walk in a straight line, so maybe he wasn't drunk. He took out a cell phone and beginning talking to someone on the other line in a swift, tight-lipped manner.

After 5 minutes of that he turned around and headed straight towards where I was standing.

"I'm really sorry for this." He started apologizing and exaggerating with his hands. "It's just I am extremely late for an interview and I was going pretty fast. Then, out of nowhere, a dog just ran right out into the middle of the road. I swerved too fast and pretty sharp, which led me to hitting your car."

"It's fine. I can sympathize with how you feel. I am late to my job as well."

He stuck out his hand and waited for me to shake it. "I'm Patrick." He smiled.

I smiled back and took his hand. "I'm Lauren."

A minute later there was a van with a bunch of guys hanging out of it that looked pretty pissed off yelling for Patrick.

"Listen, here is my name and number." He said as he scribbled down his information. "Call me sometime and we can go get your car fixed."

With one last smile directed towards me, he was in the van and gone.

I just then noticed that I didn't have a ride and my cell phone was broken. Well that's just great.

Luckily for me, for the first time today, I see a phone booth. I go and fish out a couple of coins in my pocket to call my room-mate Bailey. She wasn't going to be happy about this, but I really could care less.

Bailey answered the phone in a groggy mood, my luck just ran out. She doesn't feel like helping people when she is in one of these moods.

"Hey Bailey." I said into the receiver.

"Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I ermm had an accident." I said while rubbing the back of my head.

"Accident?"

"Car crash."

"My god."

"I know."

"You don't even have to ask. Where are you?"

"I don't know."

"You're an idiot. Did you know that?"

"Gee thanks. Wait one second."

I look around the scenery to try and locate a street name.

"Peachtree Boulevard."

"Was that so hard?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Fine, be there in 20 minutes."

"Thanks."

Then I was talking to the dial tone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? First story on here. :3