What We Are

Take My Advice ('Cause We Are Bad News)

It's been over a week since the car crash, I still haven't heard from Patrick about my car. That's when I noticed that I didn't give him my information. The only thing he knows about me is my first name.

I went into my room and messed up my messy room up more than it already was. After about 30 minutes of searching for it, I found it under a pile of dirty clothes on the floor. I guess it must have fell out of my jean pocket.

I picked up my cell phone to call him. I decided to go ahead and store his number in my phone just in case I lost this piece of paper. Which, knowing me, I will lose the piece of paper eventually and end up regretting it.

After about 3 rings he picked up his phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Patrick."

"Who is this?"

"Lauren."

"Car crash girl?"

"Yeah." I laughed at the nickname that I was deemed.

"I tried to get in touch with you, but I didn't have your number or anything."

"It's fine. I didn't even think about it."

"I feel really bad. I didn't mean to mess up your car. How bad is it?"

"My car was pretty old, so it's fine. I needed a new one anyways."

"Was it that bad?"

"Engine is fried."

"Ouch. Listen, I'm going to buy you a new car."

"No you're not."

"And why not?"

"That's ludicrous. Plus, cars are a lot of money nowadays."

"Money isn't an issue."

"I'm not going to let you."

"Yes you are. Now just shut up and tell me where you live. We're going to go get you a car tomorrow. I'll be there at around noon."

The rest of the conversation was just us making plans to meet up for the car and such. He hung up about 5 minutes later.

I couldn't believe he was buying me a car. I mean I would feel bad too, but to go out and buy someone a whole new car? That's a hell of a lot of money.

When I thought of how it was just going to be me and him, the word date just springs into my head. I keep reminding myself it's not a date, more of a business meeting.

Plus, I'm still waiting to see that smile again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on people, comment?

I must thank the only person that has commented my story.
You are amazing! [: