What We Are

Fall Out Boy's Evening Out With Your Girlfriend

I woke up the next morning to a hyper-active Bailey screaming in my ear and jumping up and down. I glanced over at the clock to see that it was only 6 AM in the morning.

Bailey usually gets up every morning at 4 AM and takes a 2 hour run. How she does it, I have no idea. She’s tried to get me to do it. Due to this fact, I usually keep my door locked so she won’t bother me. I guess I forgot to lock it last night.

“Oh my god Lauren.” She settled down a little bit and sat down on my bed. “You’ll never believe what I got. I got tickets tonight to go….” I blocked the rest of her conversation out as I put a pillow over my head and fell back asleep.

The next time I woke up, Bailey was gone and it was 1 PM in the afternoon. I didn’t mean to actually sleep that late. Whoops.

I put on some normal clothes and start heading in a direction that I think would be the kitchen. I keep going in that one direction till I noticed that I’m lost in the house.

You see I wasn’t exaggerating about the house. It was 3 stories and had at least 20 rooms, not including 2 kitchens. It’s like on its own little estate. Totally ridiculous.

I started screaming for help, but all the sound did was echo, I guess Bailey wasn’t here. So, I pulled out my phone and decided to call her. Of course, with my luck, she didn’t pick up the phone.

I wandered around the house for another 15 minutes before I noticed a sign on the wall telling me that I was in the west wing. Oh shit, my room is in the east wing…the total other side of the house.
“Hello?” A voice called out, piercing the silence. “Is anyone here?”

“Hello!” I yelled as I tried to pinpoint where the voice was coming from. “Can you help me? I’m totally lost in this house.”

“Sure, just follow my voice.”

After about 10 minutes of yelling and hollering, I finally ran into a very handsome stranger. He was gorgeous; chocolate brown eyes, white teeth, killer smile, perfect hair.

“I’m Pete…and I take it you’re Bailey?” He flashed a smile as he pulled out a card that had Bailey’s name and address on it.

“Actually, I’m Lauren.” I said as I felt a blush creep onto my face. “I have no idea where Bailey is, to be honest. She’s probably off at the beach.”

“Mind if I keep you company then?” He set himself down on the couch that was in my room. “I mean, unless you want to get out and do something. I have to take Bailey with us, well I guess you are going to be her guest, so we’ll take you too.”

“Take me to what?” I gave him this really weird look. I don’t remember being told anything about going anywhere with such a good looking guy. I think I would remember.

“To our concert, of course.” He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Wait, you don’t know who we are?”

“Umm…should I?” I asked with a skeptical glance towards him.

“You’re in for a surprise then!” He said in a giddy manner. “I can’t wait to show you everybody! You see, Bailey won this thing from a radio station…and she gets to spend the day with me, but I guess she isn’t here. So, I’ll just spend the day with you. Afterwards, you get special VIP treatment at the concert. Like backstage passes and all that shit.”

We spent the next couple of hours just lazing around the house, waiting for Bailey to get back. Pete turned out to be a really cool and likeable guy. We chatted, flirted, and watched some shows that came on the TV.

Bailey came in at around 4 PM, almost time to leave.

“Hey Lauren, Sorry for leaving I-“ She was in the middle of her sentence when she saw the figure that was sitting next to me. “HOLYMOTHERFUCKINGSHIZNIT! You’re Pete FUCKING Wentz.”

Personally, I was mortified…and from the look on Pete’s face, he was too. He looked over at me and I could tell that he was screaming for help.

“Bailey! Take a deep breath…in, out, in, out.” I instructed her as I pulled her into the room next to us. “What is the big deal about Pete?”

“He’s so fucking gorgeous. “ She sighed dreamily as she tried to walk back in the room where he was, but I stopped her. “He’s the guitarist for my favorite band ever, Fall Out Boy.”

“Okay…” I said, not even realizing what this would do to me later. “I guess I’ll hear them tonight?”

“Of course.” She walked back into the other room, finally to her relief, and sat down next to Pete. “When are we leaving?”

He glanced at his watch and panic flickered in his eyes, “Oh shit! I’m late for rehearsal, we gotta go now.”

Bailey gave me a side glance, her eyes dancing with joy. I was happy that she was so happy, now if only I could be that happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blechh.
This was hard.
I was having a fight with a guy that I liked name Patrick.
xD