What We Are

You Put My Head In Such a Flurry

“So, Lauren…” Pete started as we got into his car and headed towards wherever the hell that we were going, “where are you guys from?”

As soon as we had hit his car, a nice little rental one (a Porsche), Bailey had hopped in the front, leaving me in the tiny space they call the back of the car. My head was practically hitting the top of it, which caused me to keep my neck at an uncomfortable angle.

The car ride went like this for a good 20 minutes. Bailey was all hyperactive and trying to sit still in her seat. Pete kept looking in the mirror at me and asking me a whole bunch of questions. I was just in the back with my neck and legs both bent in a weird way. I officially hate Porsches.

“We’re here!” Pete said as he hopped out and let up the back seat so I could get out. One leg was out of the car, when the other one got caught and I fell face first into the pavement.

My face collided with the hard ground at a fast pace. I could feel my nose being smooshed by the concrete. I could feel the blood starting to come out of it. I could feel the black eye that was forming around my left eye.

Bailey freaked out and ran over to the side of the car that I had just gotten out of. “Pete, go get something for Lauren to put on her face!”

I just kept moaning until Pete came back with a bunch of towels and some ice. “Come on Lauren, we have a first aid kit on our bus.”

I put a towel over my nose and held Bailey’s arm so that she could lead me to the bus. Meanwhile, trying to not fall over from the throbbing pain in my head.

As soon as I was on the bus, I had a bunch of people surrounding me trying to figure out what had happened. One particular person stepped up with the first aid kit and removed the towels from my face and gasped.

I looked up and saw that smile.

“OH MY GODDD!” Bailey started freaking out again once she noticed who was doctoring my cuts. “You’re Patrick Stump. There is no way this is happening! Will you marry me?!?!” She launched herself at him and, like, tackled him to the floor.

“Bailey!” I yelled at her, though immediately regretting it as I felt a searing pain shoot throughout my head.

“Sorry Lauren…” She looked at me as she tried to calm herself down. “Sorry too Patrick. I didn’t mean to get that carried away.”

Patrick stood up again and came back over to me, smiling. He looked at my face for a good time and a frown formed on his face. “Lauren, what did you do?”

“I tripped while getting out of that tiny death trap that Pete thinks is a car and fell flat on my face.” The peroxide hit the scratches on my face as Patrick dabbed lightly with a paper towel, which made me wince.

He let out a small chuckle before his eyes turned serious. “Why didn’t you ever return any of my calls? I tried explaining to you that we had some last minute shows that I had just found out about.”

Bailey, who had started listening in on the conversation, jumped in and said, “What? Lauren! You talked to Patrick Stump and didn’t tell me?”

“Umm…yeah…” I muttered as she gave me this glare. “I didn’t exactly know who he was at the time I talked to him.”

“So…umm…” Patrick rubbed the back of his head nervously, “Is that date still good?”

“DATE?!” Bailey yelled, “You have a date with Patrick Stump? Where have I been all this time? You’re supposed to tell me stuff!”

“Yes Bailey. Patrick is the guy that I got in a car accident with.” I said as I rolled my eyes and as the blood finally stopped coming out from my nose.

“The one that bought you that Mercedes?” Her eyes widened and her mouth formed into an O shape.

“Yep.” I looked at Pete who was frowning and looking at me.

“Are you okay Pete?” I asked as his frown just sunk deeper.

“Oh, umm, yeah.” He got up from his seat and started to walk out the door. “I’m pretty sure I left something in the car. I’ll be back in a while.”

“I’ll come with you!” Bailey shouted as she went to follow Pete.

“No, I’m fine.” He declined her offer. “I need to be alone.”

Bailey just shrugged disheartedly and went to talk to Joe, who didn’t seem to mind it too much. The good thing was that she hadn’t tried tackling him yet. Patrick pulled my attention away from Bailey and Joe by taking my hand and rubbing his thumb over my palm.

“You scratched up your hand.”

“It’s fine.” I dabbed some peroxide on it. “I’ll live. I always do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eww.
Long time no update.
Comments appreciated?
/: