I'm Melting In Your Eyes

Almost Another Death

Chapter 96

We were running around and then we saw all three of them. They were on top of a building. They were near the edge. We ran up the ladders on the outside and got to the top. we both ran to were the guys were. We stopped when we saw that Bert was getting him down.
“I don’t want to live let me go” ray said and he was trying to get away. Kasey walked up to Ray and tried to stop him from moving and he just started pushing everyone I ran over to frank and pushed him away from the edge and I was starting to go for Kasey and Bert but Ray pushed off of Bert and Bert started to go backwards. Kasey screamed and jumped for him. she just barely missed him. she was holding on to him for dear life. Ray backed off the edge and sat down and started crying.

“Kasey I’m slipping” Bert said
“come on baby hold on just a bit longer” she said
“frank help her” I said and frank reached his hand down and went to grab his hand but Bert started slipping farther and Kasey was going with him.
“Kasey hold on tight to Bert ok” frank said
“ok” she said and frank grabbed her and was holding Kasey and trying to pull her back up and they were all slipping.
“god Bert do you weigh enough” I said laughing
“ha ha very funny Nat I don’t want to fucking die please get me up” he said
“ok were working on it… ray get your ass up and help you did this” I said and he walked over and leaned over the edge and took rays hand and he helped pull Bert back up. When he was up on the roof he hugged Kasey and didn’t want to let go of her.

“lets get off the fucking roof now” Bert said
“sounds like a plan” I said grabbing ray and walking him down the ladders. When we got to the ground I grabbed ray again and walked him to mine and Frankie’s house and he was sleeping in one of the guest rooms tonight. Bert and Kasey stayed also. We were all watching ray because we didn’t know what he was gonna do. the next few days went by fast we went to Hayley’s funeral and said our goodbyes. I didn’t cry once I was proud of myself. But I still felt really bad for ray because again he lots the love of his life and he has been trying to kill himself.