Belonging

Chapter 1

Mm, home....I unlocked the front door and stepped in, quietly closing it behind me. I heard someone playing video games in the living room, and smiled slightly.

I headed straight for the kitchen, picking up a piece of cold pizza as I went. I stuck it in my mouth, dropped my keys on the counter and started shuffling through the mail.

For some reason this felt surreal; being unmolested by fans and security guards, and not having to pay attention to strict schedules. It was a welcome change, though by the end of this break I knew I'd be dying to get back on the road. But for now, I'd enjoy lazing around the communal band house.

"HA! You owe me ten bucks!" I heard Frank yell from the living room. I raised an eyebrow, wandering over to investigate. "Best two out of three?" Ray pleaded. I just stood there in the doorway, smiling - unnoticed. "Dammit....fine." Frank grumbled and picked the controller up again. Ray smiled and turned back to the TV.

I slowly walked upstairs, still nibbling at my pizza. On the way to my room was Mikey's, and unfortunately he'd left the door open while he and Alicia were kissing on his bed. I quietly closed the door for them. I wanted some buffer against noises in case they did anything else.
Further down the hall was Gerard's room, and he'd also left his door open. Fortunately, he and Eliza weren't on his bed making out. He was just sitting at his desk, looking very concentrated. Probably drawing. I shuffled over, peeking over his shoulder.

"Y'know you're not as good at sneaking around as you think you are." he said without a glance. I couldn't hold in the chuckle that escaped me. "You're just better at noticing me. I'm awesome at sneaking around other people." I said quietly, trying not to disrupt him as he lined something in. "Mmhmm...." he mumbled just as he finished. "What time is it?"
"Uhh...about twelve thirty." I answered while checking my phone. "Hmm....I think I'll go to bed." he stretched and stood up, wandering over to his dresser. I took the chance to take a better look at his drawing. The sketch was light and the lamp was dim, so all I could make out were two people standing together. Only the arms of the person on the right were lined in. I shrugged, turning to leave.

"Got any plans for tomorrow?" he asked while tugging on his pajama shirt. "I don't think so. My dad said he was going to call me about something though."
"Ah. Well, we were thinking of going out to dinner with everyone tomorrow. Parents and girlfriends, y'know. How about it? My mom complained about not seeing you for a while." Gerard laughed slightly, I just smiled. Donna knew I felt out of place in Jersey, being the only one without family, and without many friends. "Sure."

Finally getting back to my room, I changed into some more pajama-ish clothes, and got into bed. I was already dreading the dinner tomorrow.

It's really odd how lonely you can feel around your own friends.

__________________________________________________________________________

I probably didn't edit it enough, usually I spend days obsessing/editing, but I did this in one night so....there you have it. x)
Tell me if it was too confusing and I'll fix it. I haven't slept in a while so I can't tell. ):